Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Is September/October traditionally a slow time for sales?

I know the economy is bad but aside from that Is September/October traditionally a slow time for note cards and art sales?

13 Responses

I think September is a slow time for all retailers, I work in a big supermarket part time and September was incredibly quite and saw a drop in our sales, but apparantly that is "normal for this time of year".

Things will pick up quickly as Christmas approaches.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 3:13am Oct 9, 2008 EDT
Judging by my sales I would offer a resounding YES. But seriously, I think things are slow in general. Let's all hope for a big holiday rush around November!!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 3:16am Oct 9, 2008 EDT
I've been told that things can start picking up as early as October, but not necessarily guaranteed for everyone. Kind of depends on how well exposed you are already. And yes, September is historically slow and has been a dismal selling season for retailers nationwide this year.
Okay thanks that makes me feel a but more confident. I get ready for November!
September and October are busy months for me since I sell costumes. November last year for me was crazy. It was my busiest month of all and I had quite a few all nighters trying to keep up with orders. I hope it picks up for everyone:)
Ive always found september and october to be slow :(
September and October have dropped off for me. I'm hoping November is back to normal!
heck no, the christmas rush is really ramping up!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 3:15pm Oct 25, 2012 EDT
Sept was good for me, but October I have had half the sales then normal.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.