Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

EBAY vs ETSY...I am in the EBAY corner right now...here's why.

Show Thread Summary

961 Responses

Haha Felton, I noticed that too! Funny how things stay relevant!
Zombie...
Janet, many of us weren't here in 2009 including myself. There's a lot of new people on Etsy that didn't read that thread.
eBay and Etsy both have their own values (and problems).

eBay has the "eyeballs", but so many more inherent problems and expenses.

I sell on both venues, but Etsy people are soooooo much nicer!

I'd much rather sell on Etsy, but I'm not about to turn down a sale, whether it be from eBay, Etsy, Bonanza, or my own website.
I'm going to give Ebay a try, can't hurt I guess. I'll just list the items individually. I was looking at their rates to do a *shop* there and they seem a little too expensive for that.
I actually remember this thread on the first go round:)

But still, somethings are just timeless....
and the thoughts go on and on ....
Sell on BOTH...
NaturesTouchCrafts from naturestouchb says

Janet, many of us weren't here in 2009 including myself. There's a lot of new people on Etsy that didn't read that thread.

Are you saying that three-year-old Ebay/Etsy debate is still relevant??? I'll bet I could dig up LOTS of old Ebay threads if you're interested!

: )
Comparing/contrasting the two sites is fine, but there's probably lots more current info is all I'm sayin....

I am thinking of selling on ebay again. I used to think Ebay was more expensive then Etsy but know I am comparing the prices. If you get a basic ebay store it actually costs the same as selling on etsy. I made $100 dollars a month on ebay here I am lucky to sell $100 dollars a month. Either way I feel like I spend more money on fees then I make. But, it is worth another go.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.