Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

2011 Home Decor Color Trends

One of my favorite home design blogs posted this today, and I thought I'd pass it on if it helps anyone with colors. Here's an excerpt:

Among other trends, IMM Cologne reports “the dominant color is a cold grey, accompanied by ash grey and black and brightened up with vibrant dashes of citrus yellow and mandarin orange. A light taupe mediates between grey and white and adds a little softness to the colour scale.” Also, back in December, Pantone had proclaimed Honeysuckle 2011 Color of the Year and the defining hue for Spring.

Here's a link to the full blog entry:

thedesignerpad.com/blog/2011/1/17/the-experts-have-spoken.html

15 Responses

Thanks for posting this. I don't particularly care for the honeysuckle they chose. It's so pink. I thought honeysuckle was more of a peachy pink. Still not one of my favorites.
I love that they chose pink honeysuckle! I have a pink honeysuckle vine in my garden and it's divine. :)
Thanks for posting this!
Great to see trends that work with my paintings! ;)
In fact, every year's trending color seems to work - how about that?
Nice, thanks!
Thanks
Really didn't thing I'd like the Honeysuckle because I'm not a pink person, but I just saw this treasury & it's really gorgeous! Check it out -
www.etsy.com/treasury/4d343791b3946d912131517e/hello-honeysuckle
Well now I know why I see that honeysuckle color everywhere lately!! Very interesting!
marking

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.