Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

New Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelope Prices

I was told in this forum that I couldn't use the flat rate envelope price on paypal to send the flat rate padded envelope because they weren't the same price. Anyhow, I looked it up today and both are $4.95 to ship. So there shouldn't be an issue right? I couldn't find the discounted rate for shipping the padded envelope so I don't know if it matches the $4.75 for the regular flat rate envelope with paypal.

Way back when there was no small flat rate box option I used the flat rate envelope option to ship them. Then they were the same price. And I never had any problems whatsoever as the total postage amount was correct.

22 Responses

Anyone?
The only way I've been able to print the postage for the new FR envelopes is directly through the USPS website.

Another seller mentioned that he prints off the postage on PP at the $4.75 FR envelope rate & then adds a 20 cent stamp to the label.
soapdeli says

I was told in this forum that I couldn't use the flat rate envelope price on paypal to send the flat rate padded envelope because they weren't the same price. Anyhow, I looked it up today and both are $4.95 to ship. So there shouldn't be an issue right? I couldn't find the discounted rate for shipping the padded envelope so I don't know if it matches the $4.75 for the regular flat rate envelope with paypal.

Way back when there was no small flat rate box option I used the flat rate envelope option to ship them. Then they were the same price. And I never had any problems whatsoever as the total postage amount was correct.

When you print the "small flat rate box" label on usps the label itself says "flat rate envelope".

It totally flipped me out since I was already at the post office and thought I screwed up, but luckily had the other half of the page that showed my selection as the flat rate box.

Same price, just wasn't expecting the description to be the same.

I've used the envelope twice using the flat rate envelope option on Paypal and they have been delivered with no problem.
If you try to use the flat rate envelope in Paypal, it only charges you $4.75, so no you can't use paypal for the bubble mailer.

I went through this today. I ended up going to USPS to print my label for the bubble mailer, $4.95.

I was going to ask at my local PO because they have the bubble envelopes in stock but unfortunately the line behind me was getting long and I didn't want to hold it up.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:14 pm Feb 7, 2011 EST
no, when you print the bubble mailer label online the rate is not the same as the regular envelope. the bubble is $4.95 and the regular is $4.75. i confirmed this with USPS on the phone too. you cannot use paypal to print them
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:17 pm Feb 7, 2011 EST
if you look here, you will see the padded mailer and the legal size ones are not the same price as the other envelopes

postcalc.usps.gov/MailServices.aspx?m=2&p=1&o=0&dz=21120&oz=22407&p...
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 10:20 pm Feb 7, 2011 EST
postcalc.usps.gov/

There is no online discount for the padded envelope...yet. There shouldn't be a problem just slapping on a .20 stamp to make up the difference. Postage is postage and as long as there's enough, it should be fine.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.