Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

USPS Confirmation Says Package Was Forwarded

Hi Everyone!

I am nervous about an order I sent. It was a rush order for a wedding that is taking place tomorrow! I mailed the package via USPS Priority Mail this past Monday, 9/12. My customer was aware of the shipping date before she purchased it. Now the track and confirm website says this as of Wednesday, 9/14:

"Your item was forwarded to a different address. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

There has been no updates since. The last I heard from my customer was on Wednesday and she said she was going to track it down. I have since tried to contact her for an update but have yet to hear from her. I am positive that I wrote down the correct address she supplied. I'm just not sure what to do at this point as I really want her to get this for her big day.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, what was the outcome? Thank you so much!

8 Responses

holy cow, your buyer should have opted for overnight shipping!

but to answer your question- no, i've never had any DC show "forwarded".
My best guess was that she did receive the package and that she's just been too busy with preparing for her wedding to get in touch with you. Hopefully, that's all it is!
I believe the ball is in her court now, but in the future, within 1 week for a wedding? I would not have risked anything but Express Mail!
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:06 pm Sep 16, 2011 EDT
she could have been staying somewhere other than home the day or 2 before the wedding and had her mail forwarded
I had this happen before both as a seller and as a buyer. Sometimes the package was sent to the wrong destination and it would go 2-3 days without any updates, then all of the sudden, several updates of the package's whereabouts. They usually showed up eventually, but a few days later than they should have been.
I've never had that happen, in 12 years of selling online. Bummer. :(

I tell anyone that asks for a short delivery time that there are no guarantees of delivery dates unless express mail is used. Then, it's either 1-2 days US and 6-8 days for Int'l and I can't let them know the exact date until I go to the PO and get a confirmed date.
Maybe she put a hold on the mail because she is leaving for her honeymoon. Or maybe she is moving because she is getting married and the mail is already going to the new address.

The worst thing is delivery confirmation will say "delivered" even if the item was left at the wrong house.

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 8:15 pm Sep 16, 2011 EDT
I would also agree that the problem most likely has something to do with your customer probably requesting her mail to be forwarded somewhere. Has she moved recently? One thing I would like to know is if she moved, how long ago did she move? The PO only forwards with the yellow label for a few months--can't remember the exact time limit on that.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.