Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Affiliate Program

Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:14pm Jan 21, 2012 EST
As part of my marketing of my shop, I have reached out to a few bloggers in my niche. I'd love to be able to offer them a small cut of sales from their traffic. Is there any way to do something like this? I have done a little searching for whether Etsy (or some third-party) has developed any tools to provide an affiliate program, but I haven't found much (other than lots of people asking for this feature).

10 Responses

The best way to keep track of the purchases made as a result of their blog would probably be give them a coupon code for their readers to use. This is how I keep track of which blogs bring in the most sales when they host a review/giveaway of one of my products.
I use coupon codes for their readers.
Default avatar
Inactive Etsy Member 11:59pm Jan 21, 2012 EST
Etsy doesn't have the capabilities to automatically code for an affiliate program. Not to mention, unless your customers flat out told you, you wouldn't know they came from the blog anyway.

The others suggested using a coupon code, but this isn't the same as an affiliate program. With an affiliate program, the blogger would get a small commission from every sale they were able to help create. This is trackable on websites, because they get a special affiliate link to share on their blog, which then allows that traffic to be tracked all the way through to the sale.

Our analytics with Etsy aren't robust enough (at least as far as I can tell) to run an affiliate program like that. So I think if you really want to offer incentives like that, you'll need to build your own site to do it.
Etsy does not have a shipping calculator...........Nice as it would be, I hope an affiliate system for sellers is below a few other things on the list of features and tools the site needs.
i have not used this- i just read about it.

you may want to check it out.

www.referralcandy.com/etsy/
Marking
I wish this were possible too! The coupon code thing would be an OK idea if it didnt cut further into your profit.... The idea is to pass along the percentage to the person helping you advertise, not the customer. Any new ideas come of this since this was posted?
Actually, if they set it up through a service like Shareasale, Etsy might be able to set it up where the shopkeepers don't have to do anything to be part of an affiliate program. If Cafe Press, with all of its individual designers can be on an affiliate program, so can Etsy. It's just a matter of letting them know enough people want it to make it happen.
That's interesting that Cafe Press is on an affiliate program.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.