Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Profile picture. Yourself, or a product???

Show Thread Summary

95 Responses

It would be helpful to me if I had a headshot that I could use upon request. When you get asked for bios and photos it's a bit tricky when you don't have one. oops.
Karen, I like your avatar pic a lot however I assumed you were a photographer until I went to your site. Maybe something to think about?
If you can show a picture of yourself and a product, that's great. Since my shop name doesn't indicate what I sell, I like to have a product photo as my avatar. It's actually kind of a generalized, tweaked photo, rather than a photo of a specific item. It matches my banner and some of my business cards (I have a few formats for the cards).

I have to say that I've never clicked on an avatar of a face in the forum. And I do find favorite shops and even make purchases from the forum. I'll click on a great-looking product photo if it's something I'm interested in.

Besides, I absolutely hate to have my picture taken and never take good ones. In order to have a nice one I'd have to have it professionally done, and I'm not about to do that.
LandOfBohemia from LandOfBohemia says
Karen, I like your avatar pic a lot however I assumed you were a photographer until I went to your site. Maybe something to think about?
_______

oh I agree! Your avatar absolutely looks to me like you're a photography shop
I think for me, I like the way my avatar looks in my shop, and that is really all that matters to me. Above my avatar it says Shop Owner, and there I am.

Like I said, it is great to have the choice, so everyone can be happy with whatever they choose to use. :)
Whoa -- here I am. Big head, washed out face.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.