Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

duitang.com = over 500 views already today....

I had never heard of this website before today, and I still am not sure what it is, but it appears to be a Pinterest from a far away land.

Some sweet person from across the world posted a few of my items! COOL! I wish I could interact, but alas, I haven't the foggiest clue as to what language this website speaks. : /

Anyone else been picked up by duitang,com?

7 Responses

I have. The stuff is amazing. It's Chinese. Whatever browser you have if you just download a translator bar you should be able to view the page with relative ease. I have firefox so I just found a translator that allows me to translate the whole page.
Yes- I get hits from there, but nothing like that! I believe it's like a Chinese version of Pinterest, Twitter or facebook sorta thing...
Has anyone been successful in making a user account on there? I got through a few steps but when it came to entering the characters on the captcha....well, let's just say the translator doesn't work on text that's on an image. :)
So, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten past this and made an account.
Anywhere you can get views from is a good thing!
I just really hope that it won't be used as a "resource" from which to find and copy designs and images..... Cynical, I know, but we see so much of this, even on US Pinterest "DIY" boards.
Yes, I wonder what those pinners are thinking when they pin :(
This was my first thought! That's why I don't pin my jewelry anymore on Pinterest. Everyone repins it under a "I Can Make This Myself" category. Not fun!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.