Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do you put Etsy listings out at craft shows?

Do you put the items you have for sale on Etsy out at craft shows?

I guess if a shop has a high number of sales you could run into a problem with an item selling both places, but since I get a whole 2 or 3 sales a month, I think I'd be okay.

What's your opinion?

15 Responses

I did/do. I deactivated anything that was OOAK and reactivated it if it didn't sell.

the other option is if you have a smart phone you can deactivate a listing if something sells at the craft show.
Yes, but for us that's not a problem. We can make as many as we need of any design.
As long as you can fulfill your orders. I leave my bath & body shop open when I do craft fairs because I make my products in batches and never really run out of stuff. My shop is not that busy, so I feel comfortable leaving it open.
For some items yes, others no.

I often take a selection of totes, smaller accessories I now have off etsy only items that I take to shows or stock my local outlets. I also have more and different items that I offer at shows then on etsy.

Used to be when I did a show I would pretty much deactive my entire shop.

Though honestly it gets confusing, yesterday I realized an item in my shop sold at a show in December. So glad it did not sell here...though sometimes I do this and find it packed away in a box I did not get to.
My items are almost all OOAK. So far I've lived dangerously - my Etsy shop isn't all that busy. But this year I think I'll go into vacation mode while I'm at the show. It'll be awhile before I can afford a smart phone - would be nice.

Because all my items are looking for that one, perfect buyer, I take close to my entire inventory to a show.
I leave everything on Etsty (have a Huge fear of Vacation Mode) and just use my smart phone to deactivate if something sells. I do one of a kind, so it's pretty important to stay on top of things.....
For sure if it is a made to order or print situation. OOaK items I would probably deactivate while at the craftfair.
Yes, but I deactivate the items while I have them at the craft fair....then I reactivate what doesn't sell.
thanks for posting a useful question! My shops very new and i have a show coming up in a few weeks, i hadn't even thought about removing items that are t be taken to the fair, so thanks for making me consider it!

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.