Close

Discussions

Sign in to participate in this discussion.

Do you have insurance for your stock?

Show Thread Summary

16 Responses

No, I am not there yet.
lol, true story. We had winds in Tulsa last year that terrified me. I was literally in my bathroom tub with pillows and couch cushions surrounding me. 70+ mile winds left damage like tornadoes but no tornadoes. I took pictures of the damage, it was insane! Siding and entire portions of roof ripped off of houses, our privacy fence was pulled down and blown away, huge trees with 10'+ radius' completely uprooted, electrical poles snapped (yes I said snapped) in half or even tilted at a 45 degree angle. It was soooooo scary.

Yeah, if I was doubting getting insurance before, I totally talked myself out of the doubt...
yes, liability coverage is really important to have in our sue happy world.
i have state farm 'crafters' policy as there is serious underwriting for 'jewelry'.

since i use a torch AND sell items, if i didn't have biz insurance and i burned down my house, my state farm homeowners policy would be void! to top it off i live in a fire prone area so if my house caught fire, it would probably start a canyon wide fire.
Yes! It can be expensive but some companies like ours will give you a discount if you also have other policies with them such as life insurance or car insurance. Check around. You may find a deal like this.
all of my stock is insurred I have had the lovely experience of a home breakin in and a loss of over 10,000 in equip and supplies, I am now probably overinsured but at least I have piece of mind:-) check with you insurance a general home owners or renters will not cover your losses for your business!!

I use Farmers and they are awesome, mine was super cheap but we have homeowners, business, 4 vehicles, and 3 classic race cars all insured through them so we get a fab discount
so many people don't realize things like this are even needed, most people think if my house burned down everything in it is covered...but not your car!! if your car is in the garage and the house goes down your car is not covered and car insurance does not cover it either........you have to have a clause in your homeowners seperately to cover the car....crazy huh?? we just had a local guy here have his shop burn down with 2 100,000 dollar classics, total loss and the cars are not covered by homeowners and hes out....we immediately called and added our to the policy....can you imagine??
I have just enough coverage under my homeowner insurance--it's called "incidental business use", I believe. There was no extra cost.

Unfollow username?

Are you sure you want to stop following this person?

Report a post

Thank you for taking time to help Etsy! Please note that you will not receive a personal response about this report. We will review this post privately.

Why are you reporting this post?

Any additional comments?

Edit Post

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Edit Reply

Edit your post below. After editing, the post will be marked as edited and the date & time of the last edit displayed.

Enter at least 15 characters. 400 remaining.

Close

What is this?

Admin may choose to highlight awesome community posts that are friendly, answer questions, and offer informative links.

What does it do?

Highlighted posts are placed at the top of each page in a thread for greater visibility.