Suppliers of Etsy new direct payment

Suppliers of Etsy is a moderated team with the following requirements:

SISTER TEAM #3

Favorites must be set for public view for your followers to see team member items you’re faving.

Visit the team daily to post your shop items to the faving threads and fave team member's shop items.

We are a Full-time Etsy All-In-One team!

A team may not use dark, racy, partial nudity, mature, profane, racist, language or images.

Don’t insult other team members in any way, respect their right to have their own opinion.

A team must not promote or glorify hatred, racial or religious intolerance.

Has anyone signed up and is using this new direct payment option? Likes? Dislikes?

Posted at 12:42 pm Jul 11, 2012 EDT

I have it in both of my shops, fiberbeads and softjewelry. I like it. Paypal or Etsy, you wait for both to deposit your money and the amount they take is comparable.

Posted at 1:30 pm Jul 11, 2012 EDT

I want to switch back and can't figure out how to do it.
I liked paypal because I already have a debit card attached to that account.
I used the debit card to pay for shipping and buying on ebay.
Now no cash flow into paypal account.

Posted at 2:18 pm Sep 10, 2012 EDT

Ruth Kim from ruthkim says
Edited on Sep 17, 2012

i added direct checkout to my shop earlier this year and i like offering an alternative option of payment for my buyers. the only thing i don't like is that my funds are not immediately available. you have to mark the order shipped first, then wait a few days for the funds to be ready, then an additional few days for the deposit to go into the bank account. sometimes it can take up to a week. with paypal, you have your funds right after the transaction and the deposit is usually 1 - 3 days.

Riveting, to remove direct checkout and just have paypal, go here - www.etsy.com/your/shops/riveting/payments - and uncheck it.

Posted at 2:24 am Sep 17, 2012 EDT

I like it. It does take a few days to get your money but I've notice people still use Paypal as the main form of payment. So I'm just using it as a way to save. I wish I could figure out how to do a seperate postage through paypal with out the payment going through paypal. It's really the shipping that is bothering me.

Posted at 7:19 am Sep 17, 2012 EDT

I love it! We get a ton more sales from it and I love adding new ways for our customers to pay. Not everybody likes, and or trusts PayPal. It is owned by Ebay by the way.

Posted at 11:53 pm Sep 17, 2012 EDT