Craft Fairs... it's a living! Display ideas for scarves and knitted accessories

Craft Fairs... it's a living! has the following requirements:

Craft Fair vendors, farmer's market vendors, or if you want to start selling your wares in person.

I'm taking part in my very first craft fair on April 21st and I'm getting a little nervous because I can't seem to find affordable display ideas for my items. I make a lot of scarves, some hats, and I'll be making little mitts and wristers for this fair as well. My shop is NiseyKnits.etsy.com if you would like to take a look at some of my wares.

I would be so very grateful for some suggestions and help. I've looked at the flickr page with display ideas, but almost all of them are focused on jewelry or smaller items.

Posted at 8:06pm Mar 30, 2012 EDT

crochetgal says

When I display my scarves, I'll have a couple on each mannequin in the display and then will use a Pant hanger to display the others. (hanger with multiple cross bars).

They are easy to transport and can easily hang from the canopy without taking up much needed table space.

Posted at 8:09pm Mar 30, 2012 EDT

I once saw a lady selling scarves and she had this display kind of like a ladder (except smaller) on her table. She had scarves hanging off the "steps" and sides. I guess you'd have to build something like that yourself but I thought it looked pretty cool.

Posted at 8:21pm Mar 30, 2012 EDT

I use dowels attached to my walls using zip ties! You could also use a folded ladder or something like a quilt rack?

You can see how mine were done here:
www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150293557185529&set=a.10150152651...

Posted at 9:12pm Mar 30, 2012 EDT

I use a rolling garment rack. Mine has a Y shaped top with two bars to hang from. I drape the scarves over the bars. I also wear a scarf at the show to attract attention to them. It works!

Posted at 9:16pm Mar 30, 2012 EDT

When I did beaded socks, I strung twine back and forth between two displays and used painted clothespins to hang the socks. They looked so pretty all lined up and sparkly in the sun! Maybe you could do something like that with your hats and mitts and stuff?

Posted at 2:37am Mar 31, 2012 EDT

Are you using a tent? You can string/hang all sorts of things along the tent walls.

For a table, what about something like one of those folded screens you put in front of a fireplace? I've found a lot of great display items in the household section of Ross and Marshall's.

Posted at 11:09am Mar 31, 2012 EDT

Steph says

I use a bunch of hangers hanging from the tent itself and now have one of those rolling clothes racks that you can adjust the height

Posted at 4:13pm Mar 31, 2012 EDT

when I first started I had them only folded on the table, which didn't work much, but then when I got the revolving stand more people were comfortable looking thro them (pic here: fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301811_377024712329989...)
good luck! :) xx

Posted at 2:29pm Apr 1, 2012 EDT

I love all these ideas. Thank you so much. I don't think we get a tent, so I can't hang anything from those. But we do get a table, and I want to make the displays higher.

@Knitella2011 where did you buy your revolving stand from?

@KaelMiJoy, I would love to use a clothesline to hang my hats. Which two displays did you string the line from?

@CUTEureCreations, I love how you used the dowel. Where can I get those walls from?

Posted at 4:45pm Apr 1, 2012 EDT