Craft Fairs... it's a living! Labels/Tags for Plastic Baggies?

Craft Fairs... it's a living! has the following requirements:

Craft Fair vendors, farmer's market vendors, or if you want to start selling your wares in person.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how best I can add a label to the top of my plastic baggies that I package my recycled crayons in? Up till now I have just tied a curly ribbon to close the top of the candy bags I use....but I want more of a professional look for when I do craft fairs.

I'm thinking of using either a business card template, mailing label template, or something similar. Then just printing them off at home on heavier paper than regular copy paper, folding them in half, stapling them, then punching a hole in the top to hang if I wanted. I know that regular copy paper is too thin and need to use something between a heavy cardstock and plain paper. I also don't want to spend all my time putting these on my bags either lol

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Posted at 10:32 pm May 2, 2012 EDT

Angela Walton from TheRedStarDesigns says
Edited on May 2, 2012

I buy bags from clearbags.com and then made a label out of a mailing label and affixed it to the bag. I think it is an nice inexpensive way to still look professional.

They have bags that come with the hanging thing already so that would solve that problem too :)

Posted at 11:08 pm May 2, 2012 EDT

I use self adhesive closing bags not zip bags, I slip a bag sized tag down in back of the product inside the bag. The tag is both a product card with my website and branding on one side and instructions for use on the other. I have not needed to hang them so I have not thought of that but these already have a hole:

Posted at 1:09 am May 3, 2012 EDT

If you are currently tying the bags with a curly ribbon, why not punch a hole in your business cards and just add that as well? There's nothing wrong with that at all!

Posted at 2:58 am May 3, 2012 EDT

I use crystal clear cellophane bags for all my cases. I used to do that process, printing out the card, folding it in half, stapling it on to the top of the bag. I decided last year I had enough of that. Mostly because the cards get get dirty looking at outdoor shows. I now just print out the cards and insert them into the cellophane bag and fold over the top of the bag and close with an adhesive circle sticker. I will get the adhesive flap ones when my regular ones run out which will make it even easier. A few years ago I had bought some plastic stick on tabs that is basically a hook for hanging. It's just a flat, clear thing about an inch long. Got them at fetpak. com if you want to look at them.

Posted at 12:36 pm May 3, 2012 EDT

I have a line of kids size magnetic clasp necklaces that I display in little plastic ziploc bags (if I don't separate them somehow they become a mass of necklaces all magneted together). I now print the tags on business card size paper, insert them into the bag with the necklace and zip it closed. I can still unzip the bag if someone wants to look closer at the necklace, but the card stays attached and clean.

Posted at 6:24 pm May 6, 2012 EDT

Thanks for all of the suggestions...I'm just skeptic about putting my business card on every single baggie...I sell my crayons for $1 so they are a grab quick and grab a lot item...so I don't think that people will want a group of business cards with their purchase :o) I think I'll go with making a cardstock paper label and folding it over the clear plastic baggies. It will be extra work, but I think that will work best this first show...I hope! lol

Posted at 11:50 pm May 6, 2012 EDT