Women Artisans of the Capital District Post info about upcoming craft shows here!

Women Artisans of the Capital District is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Anyone who creates their own work can join. Networking is wonderful!

Kyla, I'm not doing it. I was quite turned off by what I saw.

Posted at 8:33 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT

Hi Kyla, no, I'm not even considering it, just a bad vibe feeling. I'm more toward Bennington too, so it would be quite a hike for me.

Posted at 11:38 am Apr 23, 2012 EDT

So the Glenmont school,show was not terrible. It seemed like it could have potential for growth next year. A downside was the booth was small, we had to leave the building twice due to the fire alarm going off. The location was great though and had they put bigger or better signs out I think we could have gotten more traffic from the shopping plaza across the street. I did better than I thought I would.

Posted at 7:33 pm Apr 23, 2012 EDT

I know I am day late on this one! The Colonie HS one was not so great for soapers. I was the only person that made them from scratch and there were 4 other people with soap. One woman kept asking me if she could by my soap to resale- like she had done. I told the coordinator that they should limit types of vendors- not just jewelry. Didn't do as well as I thought.

Posted at 6:16 pm Apr 26, 2012 EDT

Addressing Jennifer, I did convo you back the same day that you convoed me, so please do not spread bad information. I will be happy to post the message here, if you are unable to read your convo's. Also is anyone would like to talk to a vendor who actually did attend the Farmers Market twice but cannot continue due to other previous obligations, feel free to contact Laurie McGill at beliveinURdream. She would have stayed on and plans to continue when she can. She has given me permission to give out her information and she will reply to anyone when she is on etsy. If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to convo me here or message my personal e-mail

Posted at 9:10 am Apr 27, 2012 EDT

We have two set up dates at Regeneron, it is near the train station. It is a company of 500 or more people that we think will generate quick and many sales. Set up dates are June 8th and 22nd and it is only 30 dollars you have to bring the table, but you can have more then one. Times are 11:30 to 2:30. Also there is a few other events in June at Ryan's produce. There is going to be a flea market / vendor event on June 9th that I know of so far. There are also other locations we are investigating in the future. Please let me know if you would like a table these days.

Cooking show HOSTED BY: International Award Winning Chef AJ

As an fyi the Chef usually charges 65 per seat for this meal. That does not include the chocolate covered strawberries, fruit and veggie platters. The one on May first was amazing. Altamont Winery was there and opened bottle after bottle of wine. Very worth it. If you buy a ticket he will let you set up a vendor table for free to try to sell and promote. If you are not able to attend please feel free to pass on the dinner info to anyone who may enjoy a good night out
HOSTED BY: International Award Winning Chef AJ @ Ryan’s
Course 1- Salad w/bacon, watercress, heirloom tomatoes and melted brie.
Course 2- Pork Tenderloin w/Miss Sydney’s Marinade, Chutney, beets, anise and apples.
Course 3- Chilled White Chocolate Soup.
Rounded off with a Fruit Platter, Veggie Platter and Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
Pairing of wines - presented by Altamont Winery
Cost: $42.00 with $10.00 gift certificate or $35.00- no gift cert. Reserve your seat today!

Posted at 10:53 am May 10, 2012 EDT

alphabitsy from alphabitsy says
Edited on May 11, 2012

Do you have more information on these? Attendance, what the crowd is like, anything?

I only do fall/winter shows anyway so these aren't relevant to me, I think most people on this team are discerning enough that "there's going to be an event!" doesn't cut it.

My experience with shows that go around asking for vendors and that don't do any curating has generally been very poor. I wish you success, but I haven't heard anything here yet that appeals to me as a businessperson. Knowing that I will be allowed to set up a table and there might be some people around isn't enough.

Posted at 3:10 am May 11, 2012 EDT

Hey there,
I understand your concerns, my convo and e-mails are always open for questions about the event and if someone is interested in asking for additoinal information I will be happy to speak with them. As for as being successful I do have people who have attended the farmers markets that will be happy to discuss with anyone how successful it was for them. I had repeat vendors from etsy that were there week after week. I think that would say more then running numbers about traffic ect. Anyway thank you for the post.

Cheers from Linda and the crew at the rescue

Posted at 1:11 pm May 11, 2012 EDT

The Schenectady Flea Market actually looked promising. They moved it to Jay st this year, right next to the Greenmarket. They are still taking vendors and the fee is very fair I am thinking about a couple dates to try.

Posted at 10:21 pm May 22, 2012 EDT

Leah, the Flea Market looks really intriguing...thanks for sharing it. I may consider a few dates as well.

I've got one coming up Sunday, June 10th at Altamont Fair Grounds; A Festival of Hope presented by Storm Aid. All proceeds are to benefit the local victims of Hurricane Irene. They've got crafters indoors & out (I'm inside, woohoo!), antique car show, horse show (that a friend of mine is in, which is cool), live music all day, food...should be a good time. I can't remember the booth fee (it was my mom's turn to buy, we're sharing a double space) but I believe it was around $30. They might still be looking for crafters, give Cheryl a call at 895-2468.

If nothing else, everyone come visit!

Posted at 9:57 am May 23, 2012 EDT