CrochetNeighbors Eyelash Fun Fur Yarn

CrochetNeighbors is a moderated team with the following requirements:

Folks who make and sells crochet items or crochet patterns here on Etsy. Members must have crochet items for sale in their Etsy shop, have a positive feedback rating and a well established Etsy Shop which is at least 6 months old. If your shop does not have at least several crochet items in it, please understand that this is a "behind the scenes" support group for Crochet folk only.
We'd also like to invite photographers who use our crochet products as photo props in their work since so many of us are connected that way as well. Photographers must have photos using crochet items in their Etsy shop or Facebook page (preferably photos of members who are already part of this team).

Tags

Is there a technique for crocheting with this yarn? I used a large hook and half double crochet. It just looks flat.
I also knit, and that makes a fluffy fabric.

Posted at 9:03 pm Apr 4, 2011 EDT

marykaren says

When I use it, I usually use a lightweight yarn (usually a 3) and crochet 2 threads together.

Posted at 9:52 pm Apr 5, 2011 EDT

Thank you, I will try that. The crocheting is a lot faster for me.

Posted at 10:33 am Apr 6, 2011 EDT

Oh thanks - I have some of this yarn but haven't tried using it just yet!

Posted at 12:53 am Apr 11, 2011 EDT

crochetgal says

When working with any of the 'bulky' weight yarns I'll usually find a complimentary coloured #10 (or finer) thread to put with it. That will give a bit of stability when you work with it.

The trim on this piece
www.etsy.com/listing/25924756/crocheted-purse-bucket-style-seascape
was done with a very fine aqua thread. You can barely see it!

Posted at 5:58 am Apr 11, 2011 EDT

ModisteBee says

I to work with two threads held together....makes for seeing your stitches easier and will give the piece more substance :)

Posted at 8:55 am Apr 11, 2011 EDT

oh flip, I still haven't tried using this yarn, I have too much in my boxes and I forget what's there - I love the idea for using it as a trim on the edge of a bag - your work is so lovely Crochetgal :)

Posted at 5:23 am Jun 5, 2011 EDT

crochetgal says

If you enjoy experimenting, you can also do hairpin lace or broomstick lace with it.

This is done with one strand on a hairpin with a K hook

Posted at 1:37 am Jun 8, 2011 EDT