Art Critique The Brutal Captain Critique

Art Critique has the following requirements:

Anyone can join!

A few rules:

1) No promotion threads. Seriously, it's annoying.

2) No full shop critiques, there are shop critique teams for that. We are here to examine your artwork, not your business plan. A few relevant comments about things other than technique are ok here and there, but let's try to keep it to a minimum.

3) Don't be too nice; it doesn't help.

4) Don't be too mean; it doesn't help.

5) Don't take things too personally. We are here to judge your work, not you. One of the best things you can do as you pursue knowledge and skill is to separate your work from your self esteem.

Also, while I know there aren't any guide lines for furry monsters I feel this little guy needs some tweaking...

www.etsy.com/listing/94945148/big-mouth-monster-8x10-choose-your-own

This is what some of the other monsters in the line look like, I'd like to have the big mouth monster above have a similar flow but still be individually unique.

www.etsy.com/listing/92822246/set-of-any-4-furry-monster-prints

Posted at 9:49 am Mar 11, 2012 EDT

Thank you Captain. That didn't hurt at all. I'm going to look more closely at how animals and people stand. I could learn a lot more about colors. I sort of understand what you are saying about that. I will have to do some experimenting.

Posted at 11:40 pm Mar 12, 2012 EDT

I feel my art is missing something, that I have not made the leap from hobbyist to artist. Advice please.

This is one of my favourite small porcelain sculptures.

www.etsy.com/listing/88248423/porcelain-dog-sculpture-ceramic-figurine

Posted at 4:40 am Jun 9, 2012 EDT

Please, critique my photograms. This is one of my popular pieces - not the best one, but I pretty much like how it turned out.

www.etsy.com/listing/83493320/one-of-a-kind-summer-plants-photogram

I would be grateful to receive critique for my watercolors as well...

Posted at 8:18 am Jun 11, 2012 EDT

***THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING, from my other account.***

Please forgive me for neglecting this thread so severely. I am having some personal difficulties at the moment, and will get to everyone as soon as I can. You will receive a convo when you have been critiqued.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Posted at 3:02 pm Jun 24, 2012 EDT

Thanks Capitaine, was wondering. Take care.

Posted at 7:58 pm Jun 24, 2012 EDT

Okay here goes!
Draw by hand by me. Scanned in my sketch, then redrew it in illustrator. After I'm happy with the illustrator drawing, I take it into Photoshop to do some distressing and and vintage looks until I'm satisfied. This is them same process I use for all my prints. Please look over them and let me know what you think. Believe me I can take criticism!

Posted at 1:33 pm Jun 30, 2012 EDT

Kiana G. from kroksg says

www.etsy.com/listing/101979734/original-watercolor-at-the-edge-of-the

I would love to get a critique on this watercolor painting of mine. I got a scholarship for it, but i would like someone to give me a critique because I've never gotten any from another artist like yourself before. I am almost completely self taught and ready for brutal honesty so that I can improve.

Posted at 12:02 pm Jul 4, 2012 EDT