Quit Your Day Job
Sign in to participate in this discussion.
This discussion is public.
Wow halfway through the year and here we are with our June goals! Let's share! Also don't forget to let us know how you did with your May goals here:
Well! Sales have slowed so much that I had to start applying for jobs! I did get a job in my field, so that's good! My business goals while I work again, will be re-building my brand and to get to a place where I can quit again and never have to go back to work. So here it goes!
FACE. BODY. FEET.
-Reassess each product line and decide whether to continue line
-If product line is discontinued, brainstorm new product lines
-$300 in sales (combination of Etsy and offline)
-Research better labels
-$250 in sales
-Pay off credit card
-Catch back up on house bills that are behind due to slow sales last month
Posted at 11:33 am Jun 1, 2012 EDT
Well June is over here in Aus, how did everyone go this month?
I reached none of my goals, due to sickness and other issues. I'm much better now, so hopefully I'll have a better July.
Hope everyone else did better than me!
Posted at 7:23 pm Jun 30, 2012 EDT
I cannot believe how fast the months go! = ( Hoping you a better July Mon! Glad you are feeling better! Here are my updates:
FACE. BODY. FEET.
-Reassess each product line and decide whether to continue line >> Started, but not complete.
-If product line is discontinued, brainstorm new product lines >> Started, but not complete.
-$300 in sales (combination of Etsy and offline) >> Did not complete, due to closing shop to better my products/listings/photos/etc.
-Research better labels >> Did not start
-Update titles/tags >> Done!
-$250 in sales >> Surpassed my goal!
-Pay off credit card >> Started, but not complete.
-Save $500 >> A little short.
-Catch back up on house bills that are behind due to slow sales last month >> Started, almost caught up!
Posted at 10:54 pm Jun 30, 2012 EDT
- Hit the 100 mark in listings by aiming for 120 >> got to 107 listings.. but hit the 100 mark at least!
- Work on tags/titles/seo everyday: >> Done and ongoing
- Get back to blogging, the poor thing's been ignored with all the baby drama: >> Done, and have figured out how to schedule posts so now a week ahead!
- Start working on our plan of attack for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and Christmas >> Done and ready
- $100 in sales. >> Not quite but not far off!
- Order supplies from the US (sucks when the things you need you cant get here!) for new product line we're introducing. >> Ordered, received and using in new listings!
- Take a bit of timeout for myself once a week instead of here and there.. realise that Adam can deal with bubs for an hr or two himself and I don't need to be here ;) >> done, and done, and done!
- Save up enough to buy a new washing machine.. ours is starting to head down the path of no return. >> Something else has come up, this is getting pushed back a few months.
Posted at 4:07 am Jul 1, 2012 EDT
Well, June wasn't as great as May but I'm not complaining! I'm actually adding more and more items each day so I'm hoping that should get things going (that and the CIJ sale!)
Views 6500 >> 5350
Favorites 900 >>> 758
Orders 30 >>> 29 orders
Revenue 1000$ (a bit of a stretch, but I was almost there last month so I think I can make it...) >>>> Nope, did NOT make it! About 250$ short of it!
Number of listings 240 >>> 235 listings as of today..
Hope sales will be good in Christmas in July!
Posted at 8:50 pm Jul 1, 2012 EDT