Announcement Welcome to the magical world of wire and mixed media artistry. Designer Nicola enjoys combining contrasting textures with natural materials and organic forms. Her handcrafted pieces are inspired by nature, from the rolling oceans to forest wildlife.
Welcome to the magical world of wire and mixed media artistry. Designer Nicola enjoys combining contrasting textures with natural materials and organic forms. Her handcrafted pieces are inspired by nature, from the rolling oceans to forest wildlife.
Mistletoe Decoration, Yule Gift, Leaf Decor, Christmas Ornament, Hanging Mistletoe, Botanical Art, Metalwork Leaf, Copper Wirework, Yuletide
Red Robin Hanging Decoration, Whimsical Gifts, Copper Wire Bird Art, Bird Watcher Gift, Garden Birds, Christmas Ornament, Bird Glass Art
Leaf Pendant, Rose Quartz Jewellery, Garnet Necklace, Aspen Leaf, Pagan Fashion, Copper Wire Jewelry, Elven Pendant, Fae Jewelry, Bohemian
Green Fluorite Bangle, Gemstone Bracelets, Hand Forged Bangle, Simple Jewellery, Boho Fashion, Trending Jewelry, Large Stone Bracelet
Green Man Decoration, Pagan Ornament, Spirit of the Forest, Folklore Art, Green Man Sculpture, Garden Art, Forest Art, Green Man Plaque
Mistletoe Earrings, Nature Jewellery, Copper Wire Work, Yule Earrings, Plant Jewelry, Leafy Earrings, Christmas Earrings, Minimalist, Dangle
Dolphin Suncatcher, Sea Life Decor, Wire Work Art, Marine Mammal, Metal Dolphin Decor, Porpoises, Ocean Gifts, Gemstone Decoration
Peridot Earrings, Gift for Women, Lime Green Jewellery, Circle Earrings, August Birthstone, Gemstone Earrings, Hoop Jewelry, Peridot Stone
Forest Suncatcher Kit, Hobby in a Box, Crafts Kits, Learn Wire Work, DIY Kit, Make a Suncatcher, Copper Wire Kits, Make Your Own Kit
Hummingbird Decoration, Window Hangings, Bird Wall Art, Wire Hummingbirds, Bird Lover Gifts, Decorative Birds, Yard Art, Love Birds
Crystal Suncatcher, Dewdrop Decor, Garden Ornament, Rain Drop Gifts, Glass Window Art, Water Droplet, Copper Wire Work, Crystal Chandelier
Blue Tit Desk Ornament, Garden Bird Gifts, Free Standing Decor, Glass Blue Tit Suncatcher, Metal Birds, Bird Sculpture, English Birds
Birds on a Wire, Garden Decoration, Green Suncatcher, Gift for Gardeners, Copper Sun Catcher, Metal Bird Art, Birds on a Branch, Three Birds
Gemstone Butterfly Suncatcher, Dragonfly Art, Pink Home Decor, Luxury Metal Art, Window Hanging, Wildlife Ornament, Garden Accessory
Raindrop Mobile, Geometric Wall Art, Country House Decor, Rainy Weather Design, Rustic Cottage Art, Kinetic Mobile, Raindrop Decoration
Pink and Purple Love Heart, Purple Ornaments, Foxglove Flower, Cottage Decor, Cute Gifts, Amethyst Decor, Gemstone Art, Metal Heart
Butterfly Suncatcher, Gemstone Ornament, Wild Life Gifts, Handmade Suncatcher, Outdoor Metal Art, Gifts for Gardeners, Glass Wall Art
Raw Copper Bangle, Wrap Bangle, Arthritis Jewelry, Copper Bangles, Womens Metal Bangle, Stacking Bangle, Gift for Mom, Classic Bangle
Dragonfly Tutorial, Copper Wire Tutorial, PDF Download, Beading Project, Dragonfly Suncatcher Tutorial, Beginner Lesson, Wirewrap Tutorials
Sea Shell Suncatcher, Coastal Home Decor, Periwinkle Art, Handmade Sun Catcher, Crystal Wall Art, Beach House, Seaside Decor, Isle of Wight
Crystal Quartz Pendant, Rose Gold Pendant, Handmade Copper Jewelry, Tiny Wire Pendant, Dainty Necklaces, Delicate Jewellery, Sterling Silver
Wildflower Love Heart, Baby Blue Gift, Pastel Decoration, Aqua Wall Art, Newborn Gift, British Wildflowers, Pastel Decoration, Forget-Me-Not
Feather Ornament, Memorial Feathers, Bird Suncatchers, Angel Feather, Wire Work Feathers, In Memory Of Gifts, Window Decoration
Glass Tree Decorations, Chandelier Drops, Wedding Decorations, Christmas Gifts, Teardrop Decor, Glass Raindrop, Tree Ornaments, Sparkly Drop
Wire Rain Cloud Sun Catcher, Weather Ornaments, Beaded Cloud Art, Opalite Glass Decor, Hanging Rain Drops, Raindrop Suncatcher, Kinetic Art
Blue Hanging Mobile, Luxury Gifts, Nursery Wall Art, Beach House Decor, Pastel Blue, New Baby Gift, Blue Hanging Mobile, Seaside Home Decor
Dragonfly Suncatcher, Copper Wirework, Glass Suncatcher, Green Dragonflies, Hanging Decor, Wildlife Art, Beaded Decorations, Blue Dragonfly
Leaf Earrings, Agate Jewellery, Boho Earrings, Autumn Leaves, Rustic Copper Earrings, Distressed Copper, Green Gemstone, Forest Earrings
Seagull Mobile, Bird in Flight, Metal Art Sculpture, Wire Hanging Mobile, Flying Bird Decor, Flying Seagulls, Bird Sculpture, Ceiling Decor
Star Kit WITH TOOLS, Christmas Gift, Scandi Craft Kit, Make Your Own Gift, Geometric Tutorial, DIY Nordic Stars, Metal Work Kit, Beading Kit
Orange Love Heart, Copper Suncatcher, Hanging Hearts, Beaded Gifts, Housewarming, Metal Love Hearts, Wedding Gifts, Heart Shaped Decoration
Dragonfly Suncatcher, Glass Dragonflies, Metal Wall Hanging, Pink Decor, Upcycled Decoration, Purple Ornament, Window Art, Copper Wreath
Dragonfly Kit NO TOOLS, Suncatcher Kits, Wire Work Supplies, Homemade Project, Learn to Wire Work, Make at Home Kit, Wire Dragonflies
Garnet Pendant, Simple Gemstone Necklace, Rose Gold Jewellery, Orange Pendant, Dainty Beaded Jewelry, Hessonite Garnet, Dainty Jewelry
Green Fern Pendant, Moss Agate Necklace, Fantasy Jewellery, Copper Spiral Necklace, Jewelry for Pagans, Gothic Necklaces, Forest Jewellery
Emma on 30 Aug, 20214 out of 5 stars
Super Pretty though I didn't realize how small it was going to be. Oops my fault for not checking the measurements. I still love it though.
Victoria on 03 Jun, 20215 out of 5 stars
So beautiful - I had to order another one! :) Would definitely continue to buy these as gifts
Katherine on 09 Oct, 20215 out of 5 stars
I love this copper bangle. Excellent quality
Carolyn on 14 Sep, 20215 out of 5 stars
These are beautiful and high quality copper earrings. Shipping and customer service was great. I love them and I will def. be purchasing from this vendor in the future.
Jooty on 11 Sep, 20215 out of 5 stars
Great tutorial, well written, easy to understand. Thank you!
Tasneem on 20 Aug, 20215 out of 5 stars
Very beautiful, I like it very much, I will not hesitate to order more, I advise you to buy from Etsy
Deborah on 06 Aug, 20215 out of 5 stars
This bracelet is absolutely beautiful. The workmanship is outstanding. I am very happy! Thank you.
Lynn on 24 Jul, 20215 out of 5 stars
This is the second one of these I have ordered. They are beautiful. Many thanks
Pam on 13 Jul, 20215 out of 5 stars
This is an excellent tutorial. It has great tips and lots of photos.
Lynn on 17 Jun, 20215 out of 5 stars
My friend was delighted to receive her crystal heart. Many thanks
Earth Balance Craft
When I was a little girl I was always drawing, painting, sticking together and making. I remember those times fondly, getting lost for hours in my own world with my wild imagination and love for creative play time. Nothing much has changed these days, I am still happiest when I am being creative.
Over the years I have developed and evolved my design skills to reflect the beauty of the natural world. My work centres around using natural materials with organic forms and contrasting textures. My ethos is to make simplistic designs that are aesthetically captivating. My metalwork style is without complication, the design takes centre stage.
I am a cold form wire artist, combining wire wrapping with hand-forged metal work techniques. No soldering or flames are involved in my work. My designs are tied together with wire, similar to embroidery or sewing, which creates an engineering challenge with each piece!
I enjoy exploring light play using semi-precious gemstones, crystals and glass. I use stones that absorb and reflect day light with palettes that would be at home in the great outdoors.
My designs whether for the home, garden or to be worn, are all made as pieces of art, with a wealth of love and passion going into them. I have an eye for unusual detailing and enjoy creating designs that are beautifully unique. My heart belongs to the natural world, which comes across in my designs. My inspiration is drawn from my home on the beautiful Isle of Wight, from the rolling hills to the beaches, rivers and wildlife.
Owner, Maker, Designer
Owner, designer and creator at Earth Balance Craft
Meet our studio dog, post production pooch and all round dogsbody.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns, exchanges and cancellations
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalised orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
Returns and exchange details
We want everyone to be a happy customer, so we aim to be as clear and simple as possible with our returns policy.
1. CONTACT us via the Etsy convo system within 14 days, counting from the day you received the package (text messages, FB messages and phone calls not accepted for returns).
2. POST the item back to us using a tracked or signed for service within 30 days, counting from the day you received the package. The item must be received by us within the 30 days.
3. REFUND will be arranged once the item has been received and inspected (see notes below).
Please post the item back in the original condition/packaging. If the item is returned without the original postage packaging, no refund will be given.
The returned product must be in the same condition as it was sent out, unused, intact and clean. Any items received that have been used/missing/damaged/discoloured will not be refunded.
When returning our craft kits, the presentation box must be sealed as new (unopened). All presentation packaging must be as new, with all craft materials, tools and supplies included. Opened boxes will not be refunded. The product must be returned in a saleable condition.
Postage and packaging costs are the responsibility of the buyer and are not refunded. Once the item has been received, a refund of the item cost alone will be made.
Please ensure your return package is sent via recorded/signed for/tracked delivery service as we cannot give refunds when a return package has gone missing in the post.
For international orders please post the item back in the original condition/packaging with a clear note on the front of the parcel that the contents are a 'CUSTOMER RETURN'. Any customs charges incurred on returned goods sent back to the UK will be deducted from your refund.
Once received please allow 5 working days for a refund to be made. Thank you.
We do not accept returns on the basis of metal allergies, all materials will be clearly stated in the description. Please take care to read the full details before purchase. Please note that some items are exempt from the returns policy, it is not possible to return/refund the following items:
- Earrings for reasons of hygiene.
- Personalised pieces.
- Pieces made with a non-standard size or length.
- Commission/custom pieces.
Returns will not be permitted outside of these terms.
We aim to be as clear and simple as possible with our policy regarding packages that have been damaged during shipping:
1. CONTACT us via the Etsy convo system as soon as you have received the damaged package (text messages, FB messages and phone calls not accepted).
2. PROVIDE clear photographs of the damaged product, and photographs of the damaged exterior and interior packaging.
3. REPLACEMENT or REFUND will be arranged (see notes below).
- Do not throw the packaging away.
- Royal Mail require proof of damage to the product and packaging to process a claim.
- If no photographs are provided, then no refund./replacement will be issued.
- We may request the product is returned to us for inspection, please see returns policy above.
We aim to be as clear and simple as possible with our policy regarding receipt of damaged or broken products:
1. CONTACT us via the Etsy convo system as soon as you have received the package (text messages, FB messages and phone calls not accepted).
2. PROVIDE clear photographs of the damaged/broken product.
3. RETURN the product to us for inspection, please see returns policy above.
4. REPAIR. On receipt of the package, once inspected the item will be repaired/replaced and will be re-posted out to you. You will also be refunded the postal cost to return the package back to us (proof of posting receipt required).
- If the packaging has also been damaged please follow the steps above in 'damaged post'.
- If no photographs are provided or the product is not returned to us, we cannot provide further assistance.
- Inspection means the damage will be investigated for possible cause. If the damage is deemed to have been caused by the customer through mis-use, no repair or replacement will be provided.
Please take a moment to double check that your shipping address details are up to date. We are obliged to ship to the address that is stored within Etsy.
PRODUCT LEAD TIMES - PROCESSING BEFORE SHIPPING
- We are based in and ship from the UK.
- Ready made items will be shipped within 2-5 working days of payment being received.
- Made to order items will be shipped within 2-3 weeks of payment being received.
- When ordering more than two or more items, please contact us before your make your purchase so that we can re-calculate the correct postage for you and provide a quotation.
- Royal Mail Signed For 2nd Class. Proof of delivery including a signature from the receiver. Not tracked.
- Delivery estimate: Between 2-6 working days.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery (larger designs).
- Delivery estimate: Before 1pm the next working day.
- You must be present at the address to accept delivery of the package.
- Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed. Tracked with online confirmation of delivery, including a signature from the receiver.
- Delivery estimate: Europe can expect an order to arrive within 1-3 weeks.
- You must be present at the address to accept delivery of the package.
- Royal Mail International Tracked. Tracked in the UK and overseas with online confirmation of delivery.
- Delivery estimate: USA, Canada and rest of the world can expect an order to arrive within 1-6 weeks.
EUROPE & INTERNATIONAL CHARGES / FEES / TAXES
- We are based in the UK.
- For countries outside of the UK, please note that additional import fees, post office surcharge fees, customs handling fees, taxes and VAT may be due when exporting products to your country.
- It is your responsibility as the buyer to pay all additional fees due.
- Your postal service will notify you of any charges once your package arrives in your country, and they will hold your package until the fees are paid.
- We do not quote for these extra costs, please contact your local customs office for more information.
- Further details are available on the Royal Mail website regarding the new 2021 Brexit terms https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/106
DELAYED POST TERMS
- We cannot be held responsible for any delays encountered with the Royal Mail.
- Our shipping terms advise the expected timings with the Royal Mail for delivery, however these are to be used as a guide only and are not guaranteed.
- Packages on occasion take much longer than the timings Royal Mail state.
- We do not offer compensation or refunds based on postal service delays.
- Please plan in advance when purchasing through our online store.
LOST POST TERMS
- We cannot guarantee the shipping times as this is the responsibility of Royal Mail and can take longer than they advise.
- UK lost packages are only seen as lost by the Royal Mail once 10 working days have passed after the due date.
- International lost packages are only seen as lost by the Royal Mail once 20 working days (for items posted to Europe) or 25 working days (for items to the rest of the world) have passed from the due delivery date.
- We cannot refund or replace a lost package until after these time frames have passed.
- UK: You must contact us via the Etsy convo system within 1 month from the date the item was posted to notify us of a missing package.
- Europe: You must contact us via the Etsy convo system within 2 months from the date the item was posted to notify us of a missing package.
- International: You must contact us via the Etsy convo system within 3 months from the date the item was posted to notify us of a missing package.
- Outside of these timings, it is too late to offer assistance.
RETURNED POST TERMS
- If we receive your package back to us as 'delivery refused', 'undelivered' or 'return to sender', you are responsible to cover any P&P costs to resend the item out to you.
- Alternatively we can arrange for a refund of the product cost alone on receipt of the returned package.
- We do not refund P&P once a package has been sent out to you and returned.
- Any customs charges incurred on returned goods sent back to the UK will be deducted from your refund.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure the correct delivery address is entered at the time of purchase.
- Please double check before placing an order.
- For packages that have been sent to an address that you later advise is incorrect, we take no liability for your error and do not offer refunds or replacements.
DELIVERED BUT NOT RECEIVED
- If tracking information confirms that the package has been delivered to your delivery address but you have not received it, please contact us.
- We will direct you first of all to check with your neighbours, speak to your postman and contact your local delivery office for more information.
- The next step if the package is not located is that we will contact Royal Mail to investigate this issue. There is a 30 day lead time for Royal Mail to investigate and respond to any claims.
- We cannot be held accountable for packages where tracking information states the package has been delivered.
Additional policies and FAQs
If you have any questions please contact Nicola via the Etsy convo system. Business hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, UK timezone. Messages will be responded to within 1 working day. Any messages received after 5pm on Friday evening will be responded to on Monday.
** DIGITAL DOWNLOAD TERMS **
Once payment has been received, you will receive an email with a link to the downloadable file. Our tutorials are in a .PDF format. You will need a .PDF reader to enable viewing of the file. Please check prior to purchase that your computer or device can open/read .pdf files.
Our downloadable tutorials do not include any printed paper, craft materials or tools, nor a finished product.
Copyright: All Ebook content is copyright of “www.earthbalance-craft.co.uk and Earth Balance Craft”. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. This tutorials are for personal use only and are not to be reproduced for any educational or commercial purposes. © 2010-2020 www.earthbalance-craft.co.uk All Rights Reserved.
Our tutorials are written in English, for English readers only. Our tutorials use the UK metric system of measurement. All purchases of tutorials from Earth Balance Craft are final.
** PLEASE NOTE **
All items are unsuitable for children.
** INCORRECT SIZING **
We cannot be held responsible for incorrect bangle/ bracelet/ necklace / pendant sizes provided by you. Please note that re-sizing and alterations may be possible but will incur an extra charge.
** COLOUR VARIATION **
The colours are represented as naturally as possible in the images, but please be aware of the limitations of digital imagery and colour. Different computer screens can display the same image in a very different way.
There can be a difference between the monitor screens the product photographs are being viewed on. Everyone's monitor is set up differently i.e. contrast, brightness, saturation unless you are using a professionally calibrated screen. Our computer has been calibrated for professional photographic use. Using a calibrated work flow means whatever is on the monitor is calibrated to be true to life. In our Etsy store, this applies to the product photographs.
In most home scenarios the brightness is too high and the colours are overly colourful (saturated). This is where colour miss match can occur, because the viewer is seeing something that wasn't true in the first place. Please bear in mind that even two identical monitor models out of the factory will never look the same until calibrated.
** COPPER AFTER CARE GUIDE **
Product TLC: Please take care of your wire work product, each piece has been hand-made with simple construction using natural materials that have as little plastic and chemicals as possible. Each piece will stand up to normal everyday use as the soft copper metal has been work-hardened, however if you handle it roughly it will get squashed. I use the highest quality liquid metal varnish that has a durable glossy finish.
All metal varnishes and waxes are semi-permanent, the finish will degrade over time through oxidisation developing a dark patina. For longevity please avoid contact with water, oil based products, solvents, hairspray, alcohol and perfume which will prematurely degrade the surface finish. To dust my wire work designs, please do not spray with any type of furniture or cleaning polish. Dust with a clean cloth or duster. If in time the copper becomes dull, you can restore the glossy shine with a jewellers polishing cloth or with extra fine grade wire wool.
The copper can then be resealed with a metal varnish, you are welcome to contact designer Nicola who offers a 'copper re-sealing service'.
Out in the Garden: My suncatchers, hanging decorations and plant pot ornaments unless stated in the description can be placed indoors or outdoors in good weather. With a caveat to please be aware that when my designs are used outdoors, the metal varnish used will degrade quicker when exposed to the external environment e.g. water/humidity. The more moisture and salt content in the air, the quicker this process happens. Any metal alloy components will rust over time and may fail e.g. crimp beads. When copper is exposed to the elements, the raw copper metal reacts with the air causing patina to form over the surface of the piece, this can be dark brown, black and green colours, even forming rust in some cases. The longevity of the varnish out in the elements depends on the moisture/salt content in the air where you live. Copper as a metal that reacts in the air is always in a state of flux. The varnish I use is the highest quality liquid metal varnish available on the market used in yachting applications sealing metal masts which are exposed to all weathers. My designs can be polished to a high shine finish once again with a jeweller's polishing cloth, or by rubbing over with a very fine grade of wire wool, then to be resealed with a liquid metal gloss varnish from any hardware store. All metal varnishes used on copper will only ever be semi-permanent and will degrade in time over the years due to the oxidisation in the external environment. I do not recommend placing my designs out in the winter time or in bad weather like wind/hail/snow and when the temperature drops below freezing as some glass/gemstone beads will crack under extreme temperatures. Take care of your designs and they will last a very long time. In direct sun and high heat, be careful not to touch the designs as the copper will get hot. Remove from the sun in temperatures over 25 degrees celsius as the hot copper wire may cause some beads to crack. Thank you.
Hanging Mobiles: Please note my hanging mobiles are only suitable for hanging inside the home due to the delicate nature of the droplets. They are not suitable for garden / exterior use. When using as a baby mobile or in a child’s room, please remember that this product is not a toy or suitable for handling by babies/children. Please ensure the mobile is hung from the ceiling or high on the wall out of reach.
Copper Jewellery and Heat: In direct sun and high heat, copper will get extremely hot to touch due to the heat properties of the metal. Please take care and avoid wearing jewellery against the skin in hot temperatures, thank you.
Oxidised Copper Jewellery: The majority of my copper jewellery designs (necklaces, pendants, bracelets, earrings) are hand-painted with a gloss varnish that is safe to wear on the skin. Even with a varnish coating, copper jewellery can cause your skin to discolour with a green or blue colour. This is a natural harmless reaction called ‘oxidisation’ when oxygen and your body’s natural oils combine to create a layer of copper carbonate on top of your skin. Most likely found when wearing rings and bracelets that fit snugly against your body causing you to sweat between the copper and skin. This is not a copper allergy, as it is rare to be allergic to copper due to its anti-microbial properties. A tip to avoid the discolouration is to keep your jewellery piece clean and to remove the piece when asleep. The double varnish layer I apply reduces down the likelihood of this reaction. Any coating used for copper metal is only semi-permanent and will degrade over time. With regular perfume or solvent use e.g. hairspray, whilst wearing my jewellery designs, this will degrade the varnish which will cause the piece to begin the natural darkening process (patina). A jewellers polishing cloth can be used to restore the shine.
Copper Plated Jewellery: Please note that all of my jewellery chains and findings such as clasps, jump rings and extension chains are copper plated (unless stated). Any metal alloy is lead and nickel free compliant with EU regulations. Please be aware that any copper plated components will tarnish over time with wear. There are ways you can extend the lifetime of your piece. Avoid contact with perfume, soap, cleanser, moisturiser, make-up, cream, nail polish, hair spray, moisture, oil, water and chlorine. Avoid wearing when exercising or swimming. The sweat and natural oils in your skin will also react with the copper plating over time, degrading the finish and tarnishing the piece to a dull dark colour. Do not use a jewellers polishing cloth on any copper plated components to restore the finish as this will rub away the plating. To buff use a lint free cloth or a soft jewellers cloth. Store your piece in a container where only copper plated jewellery has been kept as other metal alloys will cause tarnishing / metal reactions.
Hand Stamped Copper Bookmarks: A variety of my designs use the traditional method of hand-stamping onto copper sheet, often seen in my bookmarks and decorations. Each letter is hand-stamped with a wonky rustic appearance, to be imperfect and whimsical. There will be differences in each creation with the text alignment, spacing and position. It is also important to note that hand stamping onto copper sheet causes the rear side to buckle slightly from the metal being ‘chased’ on the front side, without any copper being removed. The indentation on the front is darkened to ‘pop’ the lettering and numbers. As with all of my designs, the copper sheet is sealed with a gloss varnish to retain the highlights.
Raw Copper Bangles: These bracelets are not treated with a varnish or lacquer. This means the copper will tarnish and patina over time and will be prone to fingermarks. Mix a solution with warm water and a few drops of fresh lemon or lime juice, with one teaspoon of salt, mixing it thoroughly together. Place the copper cuff into the solution and leave for about five minutes. When the time is done, rinse in water and if needed you can repeat the process. Alternatively use a jewellers polishing cloth to restore the sheen.
Raw Copper Necklace: As the pure copper metal of the feature and the chain is untreated, it will form a natural dark/dull patina over time and will also be prone to fingermarks. Please avoid contact with moisture, oil, solvents, chemicals. The necklace/chain can be polished / cleaned if the patina becomes too dark for you. Use a jeweller's polishing cloth to restore the sheen. Do not use lemon juice, ketchup or any other acidic solution as this will damage the rose gold plated clasp and rings.
Waxed Patina Jewellery: The artificial patina finish on the surface of the copper metal is sealed with a high quality wax to help reduce down the natural patina/dulling that occurs over time. Please avoid contact with moisture, oil, solvents, chemicals. This helps to retain the glossy highlights where the design has been polished. Wax is a semi-permanent surface finish that will degrade, causing the bangle to go dark/black throughout. It can be buffed with a jeweller's polishing cloth to restore the glossy highlights.
Raw Copper and Green Skin: Depending on the acidic levels in your body, some people experience discolouration of the skin with a green/blue tinge when wearing raw copper jewellery. This is a natural harmless reaction called ‘oxidisation’ when oxygen and your body’s natural oils combine to create a layer of copper carbonate on top of your skin. Most likely found when wearing rings and bracelets that fit snugly against your body causing you to sweat between the copper and skin. This is not a copper allergy, as it is rare to be allergic to copper due to its anti-microbial properties. Read more about why copper turns skin green here: https://www.earthbalance-craft.co.uk/why-does-copper-turn-skin-green/
** COPYRIGHT **
All of the designs in the store are hand-made by designer Nicola © Earth Balance Craft 2010-2021
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. Once information is processed, it is discarded or stored in our files. Please note we are also required to retain this information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations. We keep customer data for 7 years as required by HMRC. Personal information received from any visitor will be used only for internal purposes and will not be sold or provided to third parties.
“earthbalance-craft.co.uk and Earth Balance Craft” do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Trusted Third Parties: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, who also operate their own separate and independent privacy policies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. Example: postal service, website domain hosts.
Compliance with Law: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at info [!at] earthbalance-craft.co.uk Alternatively, you may write to me at: Earth Balance, 83 Ducie Street, Manchester, M1 2JQ.