MythWeaver is taking a short break
Beverly on 08 Dec, 20215 out of 5 stars
Lovely Midsummer's Night Dream card. I'm sending it to my Granddaughter who was in her High School's production and was one of the fairies!
Clara on 15 Oct, 20215 out of 5 stars
Totally love this card, great quality and wonderfully unique. Artwork is fabulous. It is for a fellow fan of foxes- a good friend of mine. Thank you.
Zoe on 13 Oct, 20215 out of 5 stars
Fabulous card! Really pleased with the quality! Super fast and efficient delivery and customer service x thank you x
Claire on 11 Oct, 20215 out of 5 stars
I searched for ages to find a print of this Irish blessing in an artistic form that I liked so was thrilled when I stumbled across MytheWeaver’s artistic talent. I absolutely love the design. So much so I have bought another for a family member. Thank you.
New beginnings . . .
In 1993 a move to the beautiful wilds of Scotland changed my life forever, in so many ways. I began to paint the things that spoke to my heart, the stories I love; stories of folklore & faerietales, myth & magic, the stories Mother Nature has to tell, the stories of our heritage.
In 2011 i set up my “Mythweaver” Etsy store so called because I weave myths & stories into my paintings.
As a pictorial story teller, I use elements of symbology in my work, so that it carries a story buried beneath the surface for the viewer to unfurl. Our lives are enriched by symbols in the written & spoken word, images, & gestures; they can move us, inspire us, inform us and puzzle us; in faerie stories, with their hidden morals & warning, in the symbolic nature of our dreams.
I spend my time striving to create work that makes my heart sing. My hope is that you may experience even a little of the pleasure from my work as i felt when creating it.
Owner, Artist, Illustrator
I am Ruthie, a pictorial storyteller, an artist and illustrator. I create moments of enchantment sprinkled with country ways, olden days, folklore, myth & magic.
I am Ruthie Redden an artist and illustrator inspired by the heather strewn hills and the ancient forests surrounding my home here in Dumfries and Galloway.
Through my research I explore folklore, history and tradition rooted in Scotland’s past, much of it on the brink of being lost. I work with these stories to make them accessible through my art.
As a pictorial storyteller, I use the narrative elements of folklore to evoke a connection to a time when we were intrinsically tied to the rhythms of Mother Nature and to inspire interest in our rich Scottish heritage.
I sell original paintings, prints, cards and sculptures.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact me.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept returns and cancellations
I don't accept exchanges
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
- Custom or personalised orders
- Digital downloads
- Items on sale
Returns and exchange details
* If you wish to return the item, I will refund the full price less shipping as long as the item is in its original condition.
* If you do return an item, please package the item with great care. I will issue a refund for the product price less shipping once i have received it back.
* Packaging is done with the utmost care as customer satisfaction is high on my list of priorities. If an item is damaged during shipping, please send me a photo of the damage to help with the claim with the post.
* All prices are listed in Stirling
* UK orders are posted first class.
* Overseas orders are posted standard air mail.
During Covid USA orders are taking up to four weeks to arrive, please order in plenty of time for your needs.
* Please specify your mailing address if it's different from your registered Etsy address.
* Rates include shipping, handling and packaging costs.
* Please note, International customers are responsible for all fees, taxes, and duties associated with shipping to their respective countries
* Combined shipping is available on multiple purchases.
* If you require alternative shipping methods, please contact me.
Additional policies and FAQs
* Prints are on Hahnemuhle Photo Rag acid-free fine art paper, which due to its archival quality, will not fade if kept out of direct sunlight and exposure to moisture.
* All text and images are copyright protected.
The Data Controller for ‘Mythweaver Etsy shop’ is Ruthie Redden.
I can be contacted at ruthiereddenartist [!at] gmail.com
Last updated: 2nd February 2021
Next Revision: 2nd February 2022
I Ruthie Redden am based in the UK and have been selling my art on Etsy since 2011. I operate: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MythWeaver
This page informs you of my policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information I receive from users of the Site.
Information Collection and Use
I use your Personal Information to fulfil your order, the information you provide me with (which you authorised Etsy to provide me with), such as your name, postal address, email, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may choose to provide me with additional information for a custom order.
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
WHY I need your information and how I use it.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list.
• if necessary, to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• I have no access to your payment account details Etsy Payments and PayPal process your financial information independently of me.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
• Your transaction information will be stored on the Etsy system as long as I have my store on Etsy or until Etsy deletes it. I will not spam you or solicit you using the information provided to me.
I sometimes use third parties such as:
MailChimp - I use Mailchimp only for those who explicitly sign up to my email list, and only names and email addresses are stored.
I do not currently run advertisements of any kind.