Only 10 left and in 1 cart
COLONIAL FOUNDING MOTHER Costume Accessory Kit. 6 Item Set. Mob Cap, Neckerchief, Apron, Stockings, Garter, Abigail Adams Brooch/Button.
Materials: Colonial Costume Cotton Apron, Colonial Costume Mob Cap, Colonial Costume Cotton Neckerchief, Colonial Costume Stockings and Garter, Colonial Costume Garter, 1770s Costume Kit, 1770s Brooch Button of Abigail Adams, 1770s Costume Cotton Apron, 1770s Colonial Mob Cap, 1770s Costume Neckerchief
COLONIAL FOUNDING MOTHER COSTUME ACCESSORY KIT — 6 Item Set. Mob Cap, Neckerchief, Apron, Stockings, Garter, Abigail Adams Brooch/Button. Or use these accessories as a pioneer prairie woman helping to open up the west.
ALL YOU NEED: Add a long dress or skirt and scoop neck tee (not included) and put on:
• White lace mob cap
• Tuck the neckerchief/shawl into the neckline of the shirt
• Add Abigail Adams Button to hold the neckerchief in place
• Tie the apron around your waist
• Pull on the over-the-knee stockings
• Tie the garter above the knee
and you'll Be a Founding Mother who helped shape this country.
Celebrate the Founding Mothers who helped shape this country. Think of Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, Dolley Madison, Phillis Wheatley, Margaret Cochran Corbin, Elizabeth Hamilton, and others. The items in this well-researched costume accessory kit acknowledge the women of the 1770s.
Wear these Founding Mother accessories today to also honor all the strong women throughout America’s history who have worked to make us a better nation.
FOUNDING MOTHER KIT is a great costume for Halloween, historic reenactments, America250 celebrations, cosplay, photo sessions, educational teaching, school and amateur plays, pageants, marches, parties, etc.
• [FOUNDING MOTHER / REVOLUTIONARY / COLONIAL COSTUME ACCESSORIES. 6 ITEMS] Mob Cap, Neckerchief/Shawl, Apron, Over-the- Knee Stockings, Garter, Abigail Adams Brooch/Button to hold Neckerchief in place. Add a long dress or skirt and scoop neck tee (not included) and Be a Founding Mother who helped shape this country.
• [FOUNDING MOTHER MOB CAP] Authentic 1770s style white cap worn by women in Colonial times to keep hair clean and to hide un-styled hair. It was both practical and stylish. Circular shape has an elastic band to keep it in place. Fits most head sizes.
• [COLONIAL FOUNDING MOTHER NECKERCHIEF / KERCHIEF / SHAWL] Founding Mothers wore a triangular neckerchief for modesty. The two ends are crossed in the front and tucked in the scoop-necked shirt or simply tied and left on the outside. This was the everyday style. The kerchiefs were made of cotton, linen, or silk. Ours is made of cotton.
• [COLONIAL 1770s WHITE APRON] White apron is designed to let you self-fit it. Unique contract/expand gathers -- more fabric or less fabric to the front. Then just tie in the back. Colonial women wore aprons to protect their garments from wear and to keep them clean.
• [REVOLUTIONARY / COLONIAL / FOUNDING MOTHER STOCKINGS] We call them socks, but in the 1770s, women called them stockings. Back then you had to hand-knit your pairs. For our modern day version, we’re grateful for the invention of spandex which helps them stay up better. One size fits most women — sock size 9-11. Black.
• [COLONIAL FOUNDING MOTHER GARTER] Revolutionary 1770s women kept their stockings up with garters. Most of the garters were pieces of ribbon (remember no elastic!). And since a woman often embroidered her garter (just so she could feel pretty even though no one could see), we made ours of jacquard embroidered flowers in yellow, gray, and black. The garter, 3/4 inch, can be tied to keep stockings up over the knee or tied just under the knee. For daytime use, the garters were typically tied over the knee. But if you were going to a dance where you would be more active, you probably tied the garter just below the knees.
• [COLONIAL FOUNDING MOTHER ABIGAIL ADAMS BROOCH/BUTTON] Colonial brooches were often hand-painted miniatures. Our button brooch is our unique drawing of a pastel portrait of Abigail Adams—painted in 1766, soon after she married John. The button brooch is a 2.75 x 1.75 oval with a drawn gold filagree frame — similar to what would have been used in the mid-18th century. We suggest you pin the brooch to hold the neckerchief in place once it is tucked in the blouse/top. Of course, you can use this brooch button over and over again to acknowledge the importance of Founding Mother Abigail Adams. Wear it on a blouse, pin it to a backpack, etc.
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
888 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
Absolutely perfect! The seller was amazing and helped ensure delivery time. My daughter used this for her costume for a Living History Museum, where she dressed as Lucy Burns. We now have the items displayed in her room. The two information cards were such an awesome addition and I love that this set even exists! What an amazing way to instill pride into our young girls and to also show them how just over 100 years ago, we didn’t have the right to have our voices heard. I think it’s also a great reminder that any progress we make is only because others fought to better our society! If you are questioning buying from this seller, just do it!! You won’t be disappointed!
Wonderfully made- the sash sits well on your body. The pin looked legit and the sign is just big enough to spread the message yet small enough to carry throughout the day. ✨I got many compliments!
Loved this so much! Went well with my costume!
Very nice items. The Rosie The Riveter pin is exquisite. Most sellers charge 20 bucks just for the pin, but with this seller I hot the pin, the polka dot scarf AND a name patch! It was sent quickly. Very sweet ladies run this business, check them out!
Photos from reviews
ABIGAIL ADAMS Ornament. America250 Women Series. Founding Mother. Rights for Women Advocate. Add-On Abigail Button. 1776 Strong
4 Rosie the Riveter Christmas Ornaments. Country Living Style with Polkadot Bandana Fabric Hand-Tied Around Balls. Feminist Ornament.
2 Rosie the Riveter Cookbooks and Fridge Magnets COMBO. 2 Each WW2 Rosie Employment Badges as Refrigerator Magnets with 2 Rosie Cookbooks
Rosie the Riveter BIG BOLD BEAUTIFUL Button, Employment Badge, 2 Pack. 3 Inch Pinless with Clothing Magnet. Authentic Design. Add on Bandana