ALL SEASON Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - LF sq (left front, square entrance)
Materials: thick cedar insulate, industrial glue, screws, glue coated nails, long lasting shingles, weather proofing materials, silicone caulking, silicone adhesive, water resistant hardware, insulate
ALL ITEMS from this seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArkWorkshop?ref=hdr_shop_menu
ABOUT US: As owners of The Ark Workshop, we’ve been designing and building wildlife housing & feeders for over 30 years. We've been fortunate to have had many of our products sold in popular retail chains in the United States. When creating houses or feeders, our primary focus is to create designs that will be used by specific wildlife. Much research and time goes into that. We’ve literally spent years refining every design. We’ve found that there are certain features a house/feeder needs to have for wildlife to accept it, use it, and then return to use it again! Through our personal experiences, thousands of customer correspondences, and years of research … we’ve discovered some valuable insights that have helped us create these wildlife-specific products. Whenever possible, we always try to include a picture of the product in use so that you know that is has a proven track record. Thanks for considering our items and for visiting our shop. We hope we can be of service to you today! Mark & Jane.
⭐ WE USE CEDAR ON ALL OUR WOODEN, OUTDOOR PRODUCTS. WHY?
We use CEDAR for all our outdoor wooden products. It is truly the best wood for outdoor items and, after 30 years of building outdoor products, we’ve tried all the woods available. Cedar is a popular species of wood that’s long been used within the construction industry. Due to the aromatic, beautiful, and strong features of the wood, it’s a natural choice when it comes to building homes and other structures that can last for generations. There are many reasons why we use cedar wood. Here are some cedar wood properties that illustrate the advantages of this versatile timber:
• Cedar is durable. Cedar thrives in damp climates, enabling it to withstand many conditions. Cedar doesn’t shrink, swell, warp, or decay even when there are severe changes in weather, which makes it such an ideal choice for exterior items
• Cedar is sound resistant. Cedar is a porous wood, which gives it the ability to absorb noise. This quality is one of the many reasons why it’s commonly used on the exterior and interior of homes and buildings.
• Cedar has natural insect repellent properties. The oil in cedar wood can control pests like termites, ants, moths, mosquitoes, and cockroaches. Insects do not like the resin in cedar.
• Cedar is low maintenance. It does not require painting, staining, or sealant in order to be used outdoors. A cedar item is ready to use on day 1. Lesser quality woods usually require painting and upkeep in order to maintain their quality for extended periods. Not cedar. Cedar can be sealed to help it maintain its tan color but sealing & painting is not necessary to help with wood integrity …. it does that all on its own.
• Cedar is also a great insulator in itself. Because of the porous nature of cedar, it actually acts as insulation. The properties of cedar wood help keep adverse temperature outside the cedar walls and work to keep inner temperatures constant inside cedar walls. All these things are why we choose cedar for our shelters.
ARK Workshop Outdoor Cat House: cedar wood shelter home for ferals strays pets LEFT SIDE SQUARE entrance
Durable, warm outdoor cat houses made from high quality cedar, glue-nail-screw assembly, real shingles, low price & fair shipping. We think your cat will love it! See testimonials at bottom of listing.
• Size: 24.5"L x 16"W (roof edges) x 15"tall (from ground to roof top)
• INNER VOLUME: 21"L x 12"W x 11"tall .... (floor measurement= 21"x12")
• Holds 1 cat.....possibly 2 if they like to snuggle.
• Weight: 26 lbs
MATERIALS: All Cedar plus exterior glue, nails, and screws
• No assembly required--item ready to use when it arrives.
• Proper entrance size and customer friendly pivot roof.
• Shipping discount when more than one ordered in the same transaction.
• SHIPPING: We have chosen to keep the shipping charges and product price as separate values so that one can see the retail price of this item and the shipping charges it will take to get it there. On other sites, you may see FREE SHIPPING on the items being sold. However, in most cases the product price and shipping charges were simply added together and then the item was give free shipping status. Respectfully, we feel it more honest and transparent to share both numbers with you so that you can make an informed buying decision.
ARK WORKSHOP INVENTORY
• ALL ITEMS AVAILABLE at Etsy go to: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArkWorkshop?ref=hdr_shop_menu
• TO ORDER A LARGER SIZE (highlight, right click, search): go to http://www.arkworkshop.com/
• ALL ITEMS AVAILABLE from The Ark Workshop go to (highlight, right click, search): http://www.arkworkshop.com/
Pets are a lot of fun and are like a member of the family. There's alot of pride when you provide a special shelter for them. This pet house is made entirely of CEDAR. Cedar is a great insulator. The house comes 99% ASSEMBLED (see NOTE below) and is secured together with BOTH nails and screws .. making it very DURABLE. The interior is warm and the corners have been sealed to keep out drafts. The floor is elevated off the ground which will keep the occupants warm & dry.
The entrance is @ 7" x 7" which allows easy entrance and exit. The opening is also set off to the side so that pets can enter from one end and then create their bedding area in the opposite end ..... which most do. We include a FREE "windblock" for attachment. The purpose of the windblock is to channel air away from the bedding area. Some choose to use the windblock and others do not. Therefore, it is sent along with the house and is not attached. The entrance is slightly elevated above the floor to help keep any bedding materials (cedar shavings, straw, etc) from getting pushed out. Finally, we have added a FIBERGLASS SHINGLED ROOF for added protection and warmth. The roof is angled backward, allowing for water run off. The entire roof pivots back, allowing for quick inspection and cleaning of the interior.
NOTE: For shipping-safety reasons, the 2 lag bolts that hold the roof on for pivoting are removed for shipping. Upon arrival, customer will need to reinsert and tighten the bolts down so that the pivot action will work. Otherwise, the roof will be a lift off type. This is to avoid damage, during shipping, at that sensitive area.
CHOOSING A SIZE: When choosing a size, remember that a house should be large enough for the pet to enter, make one full turn, and then lay down. Pet houses do not need to have alot of extra room. Too roomy of a house can be drafty. The purpose of a house is for the pet to retreat from the weather and have a place to stay warm.
OPTIONAL FEATURES: on our website at www.arkworkshop.com, we also offer options for this item such as ESCAPE DOORS, WINDOWS, POLY DOOR ENTRANCES, HEATING MATS, STRAW, and more. If you need a shelter with any of those options, go to www.arkworkshop.com and order there. Larger sizes also available. Thanks.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ITEM:
So impressed with the quality of this house! Will be buying another,Thank you!
Just perfect....Quality is amazing...My babies love it
What a great product! My ten year old cat is semi-feral, adopted only a couple months ago. Afraid of indoors. After a week of mostly ignoring it (It's installed on patio roof for her security), she finally spent all Christmas day inside, then slept in it overnight as well! I am thrilled, partly so I don't have to get up at 2 AM any more to check on her . . . Thank you!
We received the pet house. Thank you very much, it is exactly what we wanted for our “stray” cat. It is sturdy and well made. It was very easy to attach the roof, and add some straw. We debated on what was the best way to get him to try it out, but we didn’t need to do anything. We set his food right outside the door and within a couple of hours he was inside all curled up. The next day was rainy and he spent the most of the day inside. It seems to be a hit! Thank you for a great product.
I got the cat house today. It's perfect! Thank you!
Hi! They arrived and are absolutely awesome. Thank you for your quick service and I hope you all have a Blessed Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Dear Sir/Madam, The cat house arrived on time. I am very impressed with the quality of the item. I did not expect it to be so solid. My feral cats took to it quickly after close scrutiny and made themselves at home. Thank You
Received my cat house...and the bird feeder. Thanks so much. The cats are enjoying the house. Thanks for the quality construction.
I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with your product. I have been caring for two feral kittens (now 6 months old). I put your shelter in my enclosed porch (the porch does not have heat) and I put a piece of carpet in the shelter and covered that with straw. I wish I could send a picture to show you how much they love it. It has been very cold here lately in NJ and they cozy up in the corner and seem very comfortable. I lifted the roof and took a picture. Thank you again for a great product!
There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again.
651 reviews5 out of 5 stars
Very very good! Glad I bought it. I usually try to make my own and for this klutz it turns out more expensive--and kinda crappy-looking. I did change my mind about how big it should be, though, so I added a 2nd floor. I had help. Looks great! Thank you for making such a good quality product.
Fantastic product-- that was well worth the wait! My outdoor cat got in her new house as soon as I could get it out of the shipping box! It's already proven to be a nice place for her to huddle up out of the elements!
I love this kitty house. It's well made and looks great on my patio. My feral cat loved it these cold nights we had this winter.
Great house. Lovely craftsmanship. My stray cat used it within hours of me putting it out.
Photos from reviews
All Season Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - LE RD (Left End, Round entrance)
All Season Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - LE SQ (Left End, Square entrance)
All Season Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - RE RD (Right End, Round entrance)
All Season Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - RE SQ (Right End, Square entrance)
ALL SEASON Ark Workshop Medium Outdoor Cat House wood shelter home ferals strays pets - LF rd (left front, round entrance)