AlchemyLacquers is taking a short break
delphiniopteryx on Sep 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
I received “Sphere of Iridescence” from the June 2021 PPU. The color is amazing and the formula is high quality. Shipping took a bit longer than expected.
Creation of an Alchemist
On a weekend back in March, my mother came to visit for the Philadelphia Flower show and I surprised her with supplies for us to make our own nail polish. We both have a great love of nail polish and all things sparklie and since we are both extremely creative, I thought it would be a fun experience for us both.
As we sat at the dining room table, with bottles of glitter, mineral makeup, little bottles and clear nail polish, we began making wonderful creations. My husband, watching from afar was amused at what he saw and said "look at my little alchemists at work".
It was with that one little phrase that an idea began to form. What if I could make my own nail polish? So the process began, lots of research and mixing creations on that same dining room table. When I knew I had a product to have proud of, Alchemy Lacquers was launched.
• We try to take the most accurate color pictures possible, sometimes monitors display colors differently.
• All Alchemy Lacquers are made in small batches and though we strive to maintain consistency, there might be slight differences in between batches.
• Please shake and roll your nail lacquer once it has received as contents may have settled during shipping.
• Some settling of glitter and separation of color can occur over time; this is normal and can be corrected by frequent shaking of the bottle.
• Nail lacquers with a lot of glitter may appear thick, this is normal.
• Indie nail lacquers are generally thicker than most normal brands. This is due to the base that is used.
• If you prefer your nail lacquer to be thinner, I suggest adding nail polish thinner one drop at a time. Please keep in mind that adding too much thinner to a glitter nail lacquer will adversely effect the suspension properties.
• With some glitter nail lacquers, larger glitters may curve slightly over time. This is normal and should not effect application.
• I recommend using a good quality base coat and top coat. Some glitter nail lacquers might require additional layers of top coat for a smooth finish. I use Seche Fast Dry Top, Gelous or Glitter Food (Nail Pattern Boldness), depending on what type of nail polish it is.
Contains: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isobutyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Glycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Silica, Camphor, Styrene / Acrylates Copolymer, N-Butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1
May Contain: Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Aluminum Powder, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Carmine, Chromium, Copper Powder, D&C Black #2,D&C Red #6,D&C Red# 7,D&C Red #30,D&C Red #34,D&C Red #40,D&C Yellow #10,Cosmetic Iron Blue, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glitter, Iron Oxide, Manganese Violet, Mica, Silicon Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Mica, Tin Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Titanium Oxide, Ultramarines
Alchemy Basics Ingredients:
Iron Willed Base Coat
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower Extract, Etocrylene, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Butylene Glycol, Water, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceramium Rubrum Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Violet 2.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I don't accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations
Returns and exchange details
• Orders will ship within 3-5 business days (Monday through Friday) through USPS.
• Expediting shipping is available upon request.
• Domestic orders containing 7 or more polishes will be shipped USPS Priority Mail.
• International orders will be shipped USPS First Class International Mail. If you would like your order to be shipped utilizing a faster method (USPS First Class Priority), please send a conversation prior to ordering.
• All nail lacquers are wrapped individually and secured before shipping.
• Shipping is only available within the United States, Canada, and number of international countries. I you do not see your country listed, please reach out to us and we can see if its possible to ship there.
• Cost of shipping reflects handling and shipping charges.
• Please ensure that your address is correct when payment is submitted. Orders will always be shipped to the address listed. We are not responsible for incorrect addresses and will not automatically replace an order due to this.
Broken or Damaged
• If your nail lacquer arrives broken or damaged, please send an email along with a picture of the damaged product within 24 hours of delivery. Damaged items will be replaced, at no cost to the buyer, but only within 7 calendar days of receipt of delivery.
• If your nail lacquer arrives defective (limited to pigment issues), product replacement will be honored within 14 days of the buyers receipt of the item and only if the buyer has provided adequate documentation (including a written description and photo verification of said defects) via email to rebecca [!at] alchemylacquers.com. Return of the item may be required. No replacements will be honored after 14 days.
• If according to USPS tracking your package was delivered, but you have not received it, please notify us via email to rebecca@alchemylacquers. We will do our best to work with you, but ultimately, we are not responsible for undelivered items. In most cases, a claim will need to be filed with USPS.
• Not responsible for stolen items.
• If your order was returned due to an incorrect address, shipping costs will not be refunded. Your order can be shipped again at the your expense, or the order can be refunded less shipping costs.
Please note that by purchasing our products, you are agreeing to the policies found here.