Palmer Minimalist Sofa Table / Industrial Console Table / Hardwood & Carbon Steel Entry Hallway Table
$625.00 FREE shipping
Country Rustic Entry Bench / Foyer Mudroom Storage Bench / Knotty Pine Wood / Distressed Wood Entryway Bench
$450.00 FREE shipping
Putnam Industrial End Table / Wood & Metal Minimalist Side Table / Hardwood Nightstand
$625.00 FREE shipping
Shelton Industrial Live-edge Bench / Black Walnut Dining Bench / Entry & Foyer Bench
$745.00 FREE shipping
Regula Media Console / Rustic Industrial Credenza / Solid Hardwood & Metal Sideboard / Minimalist Industrial TV Stand Media Center
$2,260.00 FREE shipping
Regula End Table / Industrial Side Table / Minimalist Nightstand / Hardwood & Carbon Steel
$915.00 FREE shipping
Industrial Hardwood Media Shelf / Minimalist Wood & Metal TV Stand Console / Rustic-industrial Sideboard Media Center
$1,155.00 FREE shipping
Rustic Pine Entryway Bench / Shoe Storage Bench / Foyer Mudroom Bench / Knotty Pine Wood
$405.00 FREE shipping
Live Edge Table / Black Walnut Wood & Metal Console Table / Wood Sideboard Buffet Table / Desk TV Stand Media Table
$1,475.00 FREE shipping
Walnut Live-edge Entryway Bench / Shoe Storage Bench / Reclaim Black Walnut Wood
$815.00 FREE shipping
Fernando on Aug 6, 20215 out of 5 stars
Fantastic quality very well made
daryl on Jul 22, 20215 out of 5 stars
Exceptional craftmanship and quality of construction. Fun to collaborate on custom design. Shipped in wooden crate, no possibility of damage.
A on May 8, 20215 out of 5 stars
This is an amazing piece of art that is the focal point of my living room. I highly recommend the shop! Exceptional quality!!
Stacey on May 2, 20215 out of 5 stars
Ryan was wonderful to work with. He customized the size for us. We LOVE it!
Reese on Apr 2, 20215 out of 5 stars
Our bench is simply amazing! The custom dimensions are perfect, and the shipping crate was awesome. Really sets off our entry way. Extremely sturdy! Doesn't flex at all when I sit in the middle of it (I'm 6'2" and 215)
danielmarie16 on Apr 2, 20215 out of 5 stars
This bench exceeded my expectations. I purchased the 72” version and it shipped all the way to California. Quality of the materials, finish, and paint were top notch. Shipping was bomb proof. Honestly, I’m impressed and completely content with my order. 100% recommended.
Alyssa on Mar 29, 20215 out of 5 stars
Absolutely love! Thank you!!
Valerie on Feb 11, 20215 out of 5 stars
WOW! There was a misunderstanding on our order, and Mr. Ryan Parker/GreatLakesDesignLLC took care of it immediately. The workmanship on this beautiful piece and professionalism were outstanding. Thank you so much!!!
Joe Fetcho on Feb 6, 20215 out of 5 stars
I had Ryan make a customized entryway table for me and could not be happier with my experience and the product. Ryan was easy to work with. We customized the table over a couple emails and it came out exactly as we agreed. The table was about half the price of a big name retail store I was considering and took less time to be made and delivered than the retail store was quoting me. The wood is solid as well.
Welcome to Great Lakes Design!
● To thoroughly express ourselves artistically.
● To find synergy through collaboration and teamwork.
● To make our world a little better and more beautiful than we found it.
Who We Are:
Based out of Ann Arbor area in southeast Michigan, Great Lakes Design takes an artistic approach to carpentry and woodworking. Using limited tools and a profusion of handicraft techniques, we create personalized art and furniture and would love to design something just for you.
We enjoy working with a variety of materials including hardwoods, softwoods, reclaimed & recycled materials, metal, and glass. We are happy to work on any project and with any budget in mind.
What We Do:
● Artisan & Fine Furniture
● Handmade Home-goods
● Wood & Metal Art
● Wood Restoration & Finishing
● Custom Woodworking
● Design & Consultation Services
My name is Ryan, and I am the owner and creator of Great Lakes Design. Like any great artist would tell you, I LOVE TO CREATE, NOT TO PRODUCE. Every piece is 100% unique, made with limited tools and an ever-developing set of handicraft skills.
I got into woodworking after college as a hobby. I began working with Ryan where my skills would allow. As the business grew, so did my ability. It's been an amazing opportunity and I look forward to many years of creating beautiful works of art.
Chief Canine Officer
Hi! I'm Kanga and i mostly nap & distract but I also help clean up the shop by laying in various piles of sawdust to later spread it out all over the house.
-----USE OF RECLAIMED OR RECYCLED MATERIALS-----
● We think reclaimed lumber is great! It prevents useful material from ending up in the waste-stream. It's also vastly more sustainable than logging in old-growth forests.
● We use hand-selected reclaimed lumber that is milled into an almost-new condition; ensuring a top-quality product. The wood is locally sourced and comes from 100+ year old trees.
● Most 'defects' are removed during the milling process, but we are happy to leave the lumber in its original condition upon request.
● We DO NOT use barnwood because it often tests positive for lead and other toxic substances.
-----LOCAL SOURCING OF HARDWOODS-----
● The majority of our hardwoods come from the south-eastern Michigan forests and mills.
● Minimal transportation of our materials reduces our overall carbon footprint
● Much of our hardwood lumber comes from naturally felled trees in our urban environment that would otherwise be chipped or made into firewood. *see reclaim lumber^
-----SUSTAINABLY GROWN AND MANAGED SOURCING OF SOFTWOODS-----
● We only purchase virgin softwoods from sustainably grown forests of the United States and Canada.
● We check to ensure our softwood and panel materials are certified SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative)
-----MINIMAL WASTE DURING OUR PRODUCTION PROCESS-----
● We have an almost 0% scrap rate.
● Off cuts and wood waste are used for artwork and small projects.
● We make less than 200lbs of landfill waste per month.
-----REUSE OR RECYCLING OF ALL PACKAGING MATERIALS-----
● Cardboard is reused for shipping small products.
● Bubble wrap and plastics are reused to protect our items during shipping.
● All other plastics and ‘unusable’ packing materials are recycled.
-----TRADITIONAL OR ECO-FRIENDLY FINISHES-----
● We use the most premium paints, stains, and topcoats that are eco-friendly and require no maintenance.
● Traditional finishes that are safe, durable, and enhance the natural beauty of wood.
● Low-VOC rating on all finishes.
Accepted payment methods
Returns and exchanges
I gladly accept cancellations
I don't accept returns or exchanges
Returns and exchange details
We stand behind our craftsmanship, but this is a 100% handcrafted item. Please note that this is a handmade item that may have natural flaws and/or minor defects that are a factor from using raw lumber or that of the human element.
PLEASE NOTE THAT GOOD WORK TAKES TIME. We typically like to allow the finish to cure for at least a week prior to shipping. Please be patient when ordering a custom item. We will do our best to accommodate tight project timelines.
Also note that wood is a natural material that moves and changes over time. This can sometimes cause minor gaps and/or cracks over the life of the product. This is normal and will not affect the structural integrity of the item. Also note that most woods can change in appearance over time; often changing in color when exposed to sunlight. Some woods such as cherry and mahogany will get darker with time; others such as walnut will get lighter.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, we will not offer a exchange or rework due to subjective opinion or any minor flaws in the work.
Minor flaws are defined as any light scratches in the finish, any unintended discoloration in wood due to staining, any minor voids that were in the raw lumber before processing, and/or any minor drips or accumulation of finish. This includes any flaws that are not on any visible surfaces when the item is used as intended (i.e. underside of a table, bottom of a shelf, etc.)
Cancellations are accepted; however, the refund upon cancellation will be pro-rated based on the progress of work (i.e. next day cancellation will refund 95%; 2 weeks into a build will refund 60%).
Items may be shipped un-assembled to save on shipping costs.
Oversized and specialty items are too large or delicate to be sent via conventional shipping services. Some items may have longer processing times. We ask for your patience with these items as they are hand-delivered via a contracted 'white-glove' service.
Shipping insurance will be provided for each shipment to cover the unfortunate event of shipping damage.
Please review your item for shipping damage AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT.
If an item is damaged, please contact us as soon as possible. We will work quickly to resolve any issues. In some cases, the item must be returned for rework or exchange.
Additional policies and FAQs
1. All sales are final.
2. Payment is due before work is to be initiated.
3. Please refer to the quote number in all correspondence.
4. Great Lakes Design LLC or any of its affiliates are not responsible for any injuries as a result of the installation and/or use of our products.