Announcement After a bit of a design hiatus, new patterns are on their way! Make edafedd a favorite shop and watch for updates on your Etsy homepage.
After a bit of a design hiatus, new patterns are on their way! Make edafedd a favorite shop and watch for updates on your Etsy homepage.
Caitlin Ok on Jul 9, 2016
Can't wait to start! I love realistic looking stuffed whales! My goal is too see a blue whale in the wild, my uncle might be able to take me to Alaska and I can see other whales there too! I'm IN LOVE with this pattern and this will be a great edition to my whale collection! love whales! I'm definitely going to be buying all the whale patterns soon! hope to see a blue whale pattern!
stitching stories, crocheting tails
Growing up, I often said that I wanted to work with marine animals. Maybe I should've been a little more specific? At least I (usually) don't get seasick when working with the yarn variety.
I love learning and teaching about these animals. For instance, did you that know manatees make a high-pitched squeaking noise? It's not a sound that you would expect to come out of such a creature! I discovered this during an amazing swimming adventure with some wild manatees. Afterward, I was inspired to crochet my own manatee, but couldn't find one that I liked, so I dove right in and designed my first pattern.
I wanted to share my love for animals and crochet, so I set out to design patterns for creatures that I couldn't find anywhere else, and edafedd was born. A lot of love (and a healthy dose of mini-tantrums and cursing) goes into developing each and every pattern, and I'm thrilled that so many crocheters are enjoying them too. Watch for lots of new sea creatures, and more land dwellers, coming soon!
I try to share a few stories along the way, and I love to hear yours too!
Owner, Designer, Yarn Hoarder
Hello! My name's Aeron. I'm a native Austinite and have a dull day job. So, I make up for it with too many hobbies. I'm a crocheter, knitter, sewer, music-lover, Irish dancer, traveler, and wannabe aerialist. Oh, and I'm the one in the middle.
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)
Frequently asked questions
Custom and personalized orders
Yes, I take orders for custom crocheted pieces! Prices and availability vary - please contact me for more information.
What kind of ... should I use?
(note - I have no affiliation with any of these companies.)
- Yarn - These are some of my favorites. For bulky weight, KnitPicks Brava bulky. The worsted version is also lovely, but I find that it crochets like a "light" worsted. For worsted, Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn was a great surprise - it's perfect for amigurumi. Vanna's Choice is also good and has some unique colors.
- Safety Eyes - Darice for solid black eyes, available at many craft stores. Many Etsy shops also carry these basic eyes. All of the colored eyes I use are from suncatchereyes.com.
- Safety Noses - The ones used for Grumpy Kitty are from etsy.com/shop/6060.
- Hook - Use whatever size gives you a very tight stitch.