Announcement the CONNECT series by Facaro - Revindicating Refuse. Transcending Function.
the CONNECT series by Facaro - Revindicating Refuse. Transcending Function.
Anonymous on Jan 4, 2013
Caro was awesome to work with and her work is outstanding. She kept me continuously updated regarding the progress of my pieces and promptly replied to emails. The fixtures are beautifully crafted and are actually very elegant. I can't say enough about this amazing artist!
Anonymous on Nov 15, 2012
Amazing piece! I am very content with the piece I received, it is unique and beautiful. Thank you Caro!
Revindicating Refuse, Transcending Function
Carolina Fontoura Alzaga (Caro) is an emerging multidisciplinary artist who operates under the name Facaro and is recognized internationally for her unique perspectives on medium and form.
While growing up in Denver, Colorado, her frequent trips to Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro for family visits helped shape her aesthetic eye. Since childhood she has been drawn to finding beauty and value in overlooked narratives and weathered textures.
Caro's work is informed by her lifelong movement between spaces and cultures. What she produces are documents of her reflections of these environments and her artistic vocabulary evolves with these shifting realities.
In the CONNECT Series, Caro reimagines used bike parts to create luxurious, cascading, and seemingly traditional chandeliers. The pieces stem from Caro's interest in exploring the third function of materials - after their original function, after they become trash, when they are transformed into something new altogether – effectively reclaiming the ‘discarded’ and ‘invisible’ to create something far more powerful and commanding.
The CONNECT Series chandeliers draw inspiration from Victorian and modern chandeliers, bike culture, and a dedication to principles of sustainability. In her art and her life, Caro works to find beauty in the discarded, and challenges the necessity for the new.
Caro is based in Los Angeles, California, where she produces art and pieces for the CONNECT Series in her downtown studio.
Caro Fontoura Alzaga
Owner, Creator, Maker
Carolina Fontoura Alzaga is a multidisciplinary artist with a penchant for repurposing castoff materials and exploring socio-political themes. Caro is based in Los Angeles, California.
I hand craft each chandelier upon order. The chandeliers shown are models that I can replicate, however, please note that due to the recycled nature of this item, no two can be exactly identical, ultimately making them one-of-a-kind.
You may request a custom chandelier whereby providing me with your desired dimensions and/or design components you'd like incorporated, I can create a new, unique design for you. Please note there is an additional 15% fee for custom work.
Accepted payment methods
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
- Money Order
Facaro requires a full payment (sculpture + S&P) to secure your place in the queue.
Additional policies and FAQs
● Lead times depend upon availability of the artist. The order is officially confirmed on the date the Down Payment is received and our lead time is contingent upon our production schedule
● Payment plans available upon request
● Please note that due to the recycled nature of the material, no two sculptures can be exactly identical, ultimately making them one of a kind. Exact dimensions and chain color may vary slightly
● Once the order is completed, Facaro can only store completed orders for up to one month. Completed orders stored for longer than one month are subject to a 10% fee
● Nearly every form can be customized for a 15% custom fee
● A 15% rush fee will be applied to expedited orders
● Ceiling shade and suspension chain are notprovided for custom sculptures. Standard models are supplied with 60” chain, 80” electrical cable, and a ceiling shade
● All lighting sculptures are suitable for 110/120 volts and are supplied with 25 watt frosted candelabra bulbs unless otherwise arranged
● Facaro manufactures exclusive lighting sculptures on a small scale these are made to order and not in stock
● UL Listing is available at your expense
● Studio visits by appointment: M-F, 9am6pm. To make appointment contact:
email@example.com or call Carolina Fontoura Alzaga directly at (213) 570-9819