Crochet Patterns for 2020 Mother's Day CAL - 5 oversized afghan squares: carnation, rose, leaves, lily, butterfly. Interlocking & Mosaic
Digital file type(s): 5 PDF
This is a digital file, not a finished project.
For each flower, you will receive:
- the written instructions for interlocking crochet,
- a single-page chart (81 x 81)
- a chart spread across 4 pages (no X's, can be used for both techniques
- a chart with X's showing the dropped double crochets for mosaic crochet,
- the written instructions for overlay mosaic crochet,
- and instructions for creating an envelope border.
(the "40" refers to how many windows this pattern begins with; each chart is 81 x 81). These oversized afghan squares were originally released in my 2020 Mother's Day Crochet-A-Long (CAL). Four bonus flowers were released later (see my other listings!). Sew together: 3 x 3 squares = 60" throw blanket
These are oversized afghan squares but could also be used as a pillow or a bag or anything else you can come up with!
The Locked Filet Mesh (LFM) interlocking crochet method uses only chain spaces and double crochets to create a mesh; two colors are worked alternately which creates the pattern.
Mosaic crochet is single crochet and double crochet stitches. The double crochet stitches cover some of the other color's single crochet stitches to create the design. My patterns instruct you to cut your yarn at the end of each row. The back is striped but often gives a faint impression of the pattern on the front (sort of like illusion knitting).
I have YouTube tutorials available for both crochet methods! Follow this link to get to my YouTube channel and find my other social links: https://linktr.ee/LFMandMosaic
For each square:
**For Interlocking Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (485 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 230 yards plus 20 yards for optional SC border
- Accent Color (AC) – 230 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Stitch marker
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 8 rows in one color = 4” square
**For Mosaic Crochet, You Will Need**
- Worsted Weight Yarn (530 yards)
- Main Color (MC) – 265 yards
- Coordinating Color (CC) – 265 yards
- Crochet hook: 4.5 mm (US7)
- Gauge: 16 stitches x 16 rows = 4" square
You can choose whichever colors you like! Usually MC is darker than AC and the design will show up better if the colors are not too similar to each other.
I use hook size 4.5 (US7) in my patterns but as long you are consistent with your squares (make them the same size) you will be able to join them and create your blanket.
Samples crocheted by Kimberly: Butterfly and Leaves. Samples crocheted by Ashlee: Carnation, Lily, and Rose. Pink blanket crocheted by Erie Krol. Black blanket crocheted by Mary Tatonetti.
Chart and pattern ©Ashlee Brotzell 2020. www.ravelry.com/stores/ashlee-brotzell-designs
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Instant download items don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. Please contact the seller about any problems with your order.
This shop had returning customers within the past 6 months.
316 shop reviews5 out of 5 stars
Come on! It's another Ashlee pattern, so of course it's a masterpiece!
My favorite quilt pattern for crochet! What's not to love!. Can't wait to begin.
Ashlee, I purchased this Item on Jan 10, for CA$29.00 for $24.59 from ETSY for transaction code #33847120. I would like you to fulfill on this purchase. So where are my patterns.
Photos from reviews