Announcement Welcome to the launch of the Flashback Summer Shop! I'm busy making lots of new stock, so check back often for added items!
Welcome to the launch of the Flashback Summer Shop! I'm busy making lots of new stock, so check back often for added items!
Darlene on Feb 21, 2017
My second wrap and not my last. I love your craft!
Darlene on Jan 14, 2017
Absolutely wonderful size to this adorable fabric scarf. I love the concept! Thank you so much!
Vintage Style for Classic Ladies
This shop is an extension of Flashback Summer, a vintage lifestyle blog with an intercultural twist. While I hope to expand into some more offerings in the future, my bread and butter now is head wraps! A necessary part of the wardrobes of women from many cultures and over many centuries, I've selected fabrics and prints that will coordinate especially well with vintage-inspired looks.
You'll find three different shapes of scarves in the shop:
- Rectangle - This is the kind of scarf more commonly found in African headwrap shops, and there is an endless variety of styles you can create with these! There's a lot of fabric to work with, and these scarves are especially great if you like dramatic flair and volume in your wraps.
- Square - These scarves were commonly worn back in the day and are probably most famously donned by World War 2 factory workers like "Rosie the Riveter." These are generally used for drapier styles and are made of lighter fabrics. They're also perfect for covering curlers!
- Triangle - The triangle scarves are based on headscarves in my own collection. I call these "chore wraps" because they tie into only one basic style, but with hair and accessory changes they get a lot of wear in my wardrobe! They're sturdy, and I've experimented to find the perfect size that allows enough room for hair while being tight enough not to slip off.
Around the web
Owner, Maker, Designer
I'm an "old soul" in a twenty-something's body. I learned to love headwraps while living in East Africa, and I began wearing vintage a few years ago. I love both and combine them for a style I call "vintage with an intercultural twist!"
- Accepts Etsy gift cards
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
- To communicate with you about your order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (like paying taxes)